April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (smkummer, KDGJ, 1 invisible), 992 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,484
Posts545,280
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
In some clubs in the US you can only shoot steel shot. Some clubs you can only shoot lead shot. So you would not be able to use their gun anyway at a lot of clubs. 🙄

There are clubs where Bi is NOT allowed but steel is? I'm wonder about that. Never heard of such a thing. I've heard of nontox ranges, but not only steel nontox ranges.

Skyway Trap and Skeet Club in St. Petersburg, Florida. You shoot into a dirt backstop and you can only use the steel shot WHICH THEY SELL. They sell it, so that they make sure that you only shoot steel shot. The puller walks along with you and tells you when you can shoot, so they can make sure you don't shoot over the backstop into the lake behind it. They take your driver's license and Xerox it and if you ever shoot over the backstop, you will be banned. They have had numerous, frivolous lawsuits about people shooting into a wildlife area behind the backstop, which have never been won. But they still are extremely strict about people shooting there. Plus the ammo costs about $10.00 a box. It was only about three miles from where I stay, but it got to be such a hassle that I started driving 40 miles up to the Silver Dollar Shooting Club, last year, in Odessa, where they only allow lead and you can shoot your own reloads. It is a lot nicer Club anyway- where they have the Florida State Trap Shoot each year.

Call them and ask them about the junk you have to do to shoot there. The first time I went there, I had to sit and watch a 20 minute movie on Florida wildlife and I was informed that if I ever shot into the lake behind the backstop, I would never be permitted to come back. And they check your driver's license every time you go to see if you have been banned in the past. I have not been there in a couple years, but I got so fed up with the hassle it was time to go somewhere else.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 01/04/24 01:59 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jimmy,

The Skyway Trap and Skeet Club sounds a bit off-putting. If they have the trap machines and have a puller come along with you then they should have set the presentation of the clays so the carry over shot lands in safe zones. How is it that people shoot over the backstop?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tamid
Jimmy,

The Skyway Trap and Skeet Club sounds a bit off-putting. If they have the trap machines and have a puller come along with you then they should have set the presentation of the clays so the carry over shot lands in safe zones. How is it that people shoot over the backstop?

Because it is a little too close and not high enough, I guess. Plus you get some bad shooters. I never had a problem. But I am a little more experienced than a lot of the people who shoot there. And like I said, the dozen or so lawsuits were frivolous from what I heard. And they told me, no one ever proved anything against the club. But they only have those rules to make sure, I guess. 🤪

Last edited by Jimmy W; 01/04/24 02:43 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Diggory made me a Best gun recently and part of the discussion was how I wanted the barrels proofed. If I went with the Fleur-de-lis proof for high performance steel, the barrel dynamics would change and become sluggish. I decided to
go with the barrels proofed for lead/standard non high performance steel. WR decision makes a lot of sense.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by improved modified
Diggory made me a Best gun recently and part of the discussion was how I wanted the barrels proofed. If I went with the Fleur-de-lis proof for high performance steel, the barrel dynamics would change and become sluggish. I decided to
go with the barrels proofed for lead/standard non high performance steel. WR decision makes a lot of sense.

Diggory made you a best gun? Diggory is a gunmaker nowadays?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Check out his website, or his facebook posts, it explains everything.

-Shoot Straight, IM
eeb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Diggory recently posted a picture of a gun he completed for a client. Was it yours? Congratulations

Last edited by eeb; 01/04/24 03:56 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

He posted 2, the J.D. Stettler & Son is mine.

-Shoot Straight, IM
3 members like this: Owenjj3, Tim Cartmell, mc
eeb Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What a gun. Enjoy

1 member likes this: improved modified
Sidelock
Sidelock

IM;

That is indeed a beautiful gun.

Kindest Regards;
Stephen Howell

1 member likes this: improved modified
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.