April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (welder, andygt, skeettx, Tim in PA, 2 invisible), 1,263 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,143
Members14,409
Most Online1,319
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Porkskins79
Change of subject, but any of you that live in NC, where’s a good place to go bird hunt? I got into dove a few years ago and it’s quickly become my favorite type of hunting but finding a good field has become quite the task. Game land hasn’t been great but about my only option. Also, I’d like to give every other bird a shot at hunting. The only other one I’ve tried is Turkey but I wanna shoot at moving targets!

I have no first hand info on where to hunt birds in NC other then checking out some game preserves for stocked quail. But, if you can find some areas that were logged in the Smokies over a decade ago that area might lend itself to some Ruffed Grouse shooting. Unless your Sterly has 3 or 4 weight barrels though, I would hate to carry a 12 all day for that though....

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Porkskins79
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Something else to check ....... see if your chambers are rough from corrosion or shell contaminant buildup. When I shot high volume in Argentina my chambers would get plastic residue built up to the point that it would make for weak, even no, ejection. A few brisk passes with an oversized chamber brush would restore perfect ejection.

Fortunately this is one is in pretty dang good shape. Bores and chambers are free of any rust or pitting. Has a good amount of the case hardening remaining and the only thing I can find wrong aside from the ejectors is the original owners name engraved on the trigger guard

A good double gunsmith that can fix your ejectors can take care of that trigger guard graffiti.

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Regarding the bird hunting part of your post, consider woodcock. Lots of great habitat on public land in NC and VA. Specifically, I have had a lot of fun hunting them at the Butner Game Lands near Durham, as well as closer to my home in Halifax County VA. They are in season now in both states, I think for the rest of January in NC and through January 21 in VA. You need a dog to hunt them effectively enough to make it enjoyable. If you would like to discuss it or maybe get together and hunt, send me a PM with your email address and/or phone number.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.