April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jtplumb, Marks_21, fab500, Fudd, 2 invisible), 451 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,159
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Fudd
Oh, I knew, peripherally. Used to coach prone smallbore. It's just a marque that's associated with air rifles, in my immediate geographic circles, if it's known at all. Never seen nor heard of a rimfire Weirauch on a line, hereabouts. My eyes would have boggled like olives. "What the actual... May I please have a look at that???"

It was my primary smallbore rifle. I've shot smallbore, high power, F-class, etc. Lots of stuff.

NRA life member

Retired investor, living on a pension.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I regret that my comment offended you. I was certainly being silly, but I meant no insult.

1 member likes this: DropLockBob
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Fudd
I regret that my comment offended you. I was certainly being silly, but I meant no insult.

Thanks, I understand. Silly is ok by me! lol

I was really trying to say that I enjoyed your prose on the the 28 bore. The Weirauch thing was simply ancillary,

NRA life member

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Merci. Peace.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, the Weirauch is a bit of firearms curiosa, to be sure. Even the experts stumble on that one.
I think I bought it from champions choice, circa ~1992

NRA life member

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am sure that the original poster, ed, was asking about the 28 as a SXS or O/U hunting gun. I have never owned a 28 gauge an I know they would be light and comfortable to hunt with. The only con I could think of is if you would get into competitive clay shooting. Skeet- you could do ok, but some of the other events might be a little bit difficult with a 28. I would prefer to have as much power as possible.......That said maybe one day I'll run across a 28 that suits me and give it a try. Next season my Springer Spaniel will be 2 years old and I will probably give her a chance to be out in the field. My 12 gauge 21 got to be a little heavy this year, so a nice 28 just might be the trick. Glad I listen to you guys. I learn a lot. Thanks.

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

can a 28 ga throwing 3/4 oz of shot kill a wild dakota cock bird as cleanly and quickly as does a 12 ga throwing 1 1/8 oz shot?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

It sure can. In the hands of someone that can hit stuff, at least. (not me!) I use my Side by side and O/U 28 bore's to hunt waterfowl, I have killed geese on occasion. Just watched my son kill a mallard cleanly with one shot a couple days ago, with his red label 28. (Kent Bismuth)

NRA life member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Red Label!! Its a shame they didn't keep making those. I have seen a few Gold Labels recently in really nice shape that I would love to have, but a $5000.00 price tag is a bit steep for me. Glad to hear that your son does so well with his, Bob. Good luck!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Es mi calibre preferido desde hace muchos años. Cuando lo descubrí, pensaba que era un calibre menor. Cuando uno se inicia con este calibre atraviesa momentos de gran satisfacción y decepciones por no cazar o tirar con calibres mayores. Se fallan piezas que uno piensa que podría haber cobrado con el 20 o el 12, pero la clave es que hay que conocer este calibre, sus bondades y limitaciones. Hasta hoy he tenido seis escopetas del calibre 28: paralelas, yuxtapuestas y semiautomáticas. Ahora tengo mi compañera de por vida: una monotiro de martillo muy especial del siglo XIX.

Una vez se atraviesa la primera etapa con este calibre, cuando uno pasa de un calibre mayor a este delicioso calibre y en la que todavía no se conoce bien, llegan los días de caza y disfrute. Cada lance es un reto mayor; cada pieza cobrada se valora mucho más y, al final, lo que importa es la calidad y no la calidad. Es un calibre que considero hermano menor del calibre 16 por su contundencia y gran pegada, aun con menos gramos de perdigones.

VENTAJAS: Los cartuchos pesan menos, las escopetas suelen pesar menos que las de calibres mayores, los lances y las piezas cobradas se valoran mucho más y el disfrute cazando y rompiendo platos es, para los enamorados de este calibre, mucho mayor. Además, hay una gran variedad de modelos de cartuchos.

INCONVENIENTES: El precio de los cartuchos, aunque ahora en España el precio de otros calibres mayores se ha disparado.

PD: Siento no haber sabido escribir todo esto en inglés.

PD2: ¡Viva el calibre 28!

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.