April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (graybeardtmm3, Sandlapper, Ted Schefelbein, Roundsworth, JDH, 1 invisible), 410 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,228
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's sad when you think your the smartest person in the room then discover your knowledge is lacking on a subject ,you project your discomfort with your lack of knowledge by insulting other who do have the training and knowledge you don't.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
It's sad when you think your the smartest person in the room then discover your knowledge is lacking on a subject ,you project your discomfort with your lack of knowledge by insulting other who do have the training and knowledge you don't.

I suppose that's true. That seems to happen to you often here. Your quickness to swing insults (like The Fuse) are a tell-tale sign of your discomfort.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by mc
At least I can identify a hammer .you and side show bob have a great day

Oh, I know what they are. I'm going to start beating on guns with them and call myself a gunsmith> smile

It should not have to be spelled out in minute detail that there is more than one way to put a gun back on the face or to tighten up loose bolting or a loose frond. Various methods have been discussed right here on this Forum for years, including laser welding, TIG welding, machining new hinge pins, soldering or gluing in thin steel shims... or even using shims made from aluminum pop cans. One of those many methods, and one that has been used for over a hundred years by factory trained gunsmiths and gun assemblers is the judicious use of hammers to peen, upset, or otherwise displace metal.

It should by now be obvious to all but the most thick-headed and brainless morons that a good gunsmith will choose a method that is appropriate to the gun he is working on. The method he chooses should consider the amount of wear or looseness to be taken up, along with the intrinsic value of the gun. To spell it out for fools like the Nutty Professor & Co., it just wouldn't be smart or economically sensible to do the same costly hinge pin replacement and hook TIG welding on a cheap Crescent or Worthington as one might on a Holland, Purdey, or high grade Fox.

I have a pretty good collection of Gunsmithing books, and just about every one has a chapter on the tools required to get started in the trade or hobby. Just about all of them talk about the various types of hammers that are essential to some gun repair jobs. Then they go on to discuss correctly using those hammers.

I don't see here or in the attached video where anyone was advocating any blacksmith type sledge hammer forging work. I don't see anyone suggesting indiscriminately beating on guns like apes with hammers. I don't see where anyone was suggesting that the peening method of tightening up a loose gun was the only way to do it, or the way it should be done on a rare or valuable gun. Unfortunately, the video doesn't spell out the obvious in detail that even a complete idiot would comprehend.

What I do see once again is the spoiled man-child, the Nutty Professor, once again pretending to be an expert, and hoping to keep his childish rant going on forever, even as mc attempts to quit:

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by mc
Or you can let it go

Heck no. No one else can let it go, why should he? Let's make this the quintessential doublegun thread of all time.

Funny thing is, here he wants to be as relentless as a Pit Bulldog... but he ran away like a little girl from Ted's questions about how he blew up a nice low number 1903 Springfield (Rock Island manufacture), and cannot admit that it was his fault due to a careless reloading error. I wonder how Brad Eden would react if he acted this way over on the Upland Journal forum, which he says is so much better than DoubleGunShop??? What this place needs is more Moderation.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
At least I can identify a hammer .you and side show bob have a great day

side show bob. Good one. I like the cut of your serpents. Lol

NRA life member

Retired investor, living on a pension.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Where do you guys find the time and energy for this?

2 members like this: eeb, David Williamson
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.