May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Longknife, montenegrin, Guy Ave, Jtplumb, susjwp, battle), 931 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,500
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll be interested to see that one, Steve. I've only ever had one Dickson round action single in my paws - a 450/400 x 2 3/8". It looked kind of like if the right side of a trigger plate had been used - the breech pin was offset to the left.

To the OP - cherish that little Fraser. It's way more special than any of those contraptions that came out of London!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve,
I’d be interested to see the Ingram too when you get it. Please share a picture if you can.

Larry

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

more pics when it arrives

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
1 member likes this: earlyriser
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve how much of a mess and are you going to restore it?

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I'm not sure what I will do with it, bad bore on it. I would not mind building a tip open single rifle, I bought it just to look it over.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
1 member likes this: mc
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Big problem: at some point in the 130-year history of this gun someone lost the piece that had been cut off to make it a youth stock. So they used a piece of cheap wood and then camouflaged it with paint and feathered in grain. The original plan of refinishing the stock was abandoned and I had a whole new stock and matching forend made. A lot more money than I planned, but I felt I had to do it for this magnificent piece of history.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry came late to the post and my advice is superfluous!

Last edited by Toby Barclay; 02/20/24 04:39 PM.
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The cocking system does not look look like a webley and Scott,it looks like a Westley Richards.does it have ejectors?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
Those are tapered screws and the head has broken off, you can not tap it through from the top. It is going to be tricky getting that apart. I would think long and hard on that one before proceeding. You might try an easy out, a skilled welder might be able to tack on enough material to back it out, last resort would be drilling it. Not a fun job.

Imagine what damage might have happened if David wasn't observant enough to recognize that the advice given in the post QUOTED above was totally wrong. All three solutions given to remove this pin or screw were wrong. Not even close.

I didn't offer any advice because I simply didn't know how this gun was assembled. I suppose I could have taken a guess, but it would have been irresponsible to make a wild-assed guess sound so definitive. This is just another example that you should not believe much of what is posted by wannabe experts on the internet. Thank goodness gunmaker came along with the correct and straightforward solution.

I learned this in a big way several years ago when I began researching the use of feed grade molasses as a rust remover. I found quite a few posts that incorrectly explained the chemistry behind it, the effectiveness , and potential damage that some "internet experts" warned could happen.

When I finally bought a 50 Lb. sack of dried molasses and mixed some with water, I proceeded carefully by using some old rusty items that didn't have great value. It worked great, and it quickly became apparent that much of the bad advice given came from guys who never even tried it. I guess some people just have a pathetic need to pretend that they know way more than they do.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.