April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Licensed to kill, ClapperZapper, 3 invisible), 1,052 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,234
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by mc
Arizona has constitutional carry also it's worth not doing a background check on every gun you buy time has nothing to do with it

It does for me. The last several guns I bought took only 15-20 minutes for the background check to clear, without a CCP. I had a CCP for at least twenty five years. When GA passed the RTC law i no longer pay a tax on my God given right to carry. Any legal way I can reduce the taxes imposed upon me I will.
Stan, come join us in SC; our CWPs are now free. No cost and no NICS check wait.

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
Keeping the government out of my gun buying business is worth 7 bucks a year what ever works for you is the way to go.Mark

I went through the trouble of getting/keeping a CCP so that I could carry concealed legally, not to make it easier to buy guns. Having a CCP doesn't keep the government out of your gun buying business. You still have to fill out the paperwork. It just hastens the process a little bit. Just because the dealer doesn't call in the transfer doesn't mean the government doesn't have your transfer information. They do, because of the paperwork.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by arrieta2
Keith: you comparing a real estate agent, lawyer or electrician are not subject to require to have federal inspection

John boyd

John, I actually thought someone might make that distinction, so please consider some other Federal Agencies that do inspections.

How about OSHA? I was surprised to find that OSHA cannot close a business as the ATF does. They can shut down a job site until corrections are made. And they can seek a Federal Court Order to close a business guilty of severe repeat violations. But that rarely happens. I once worked in a Steel Mill, and we had 5 guys killed in separate incidents in 1988 alone. Many more were very seriously injured, some permanently. Crushed, electrocuted, burned alive, and ran over by trains. Steel Mills are hot, dirty, and very dangerous under the best of circumstances. We were in bankruptcy, so many shortcuts were taken, and safety was neglected. OSHA came to investigate. They imposed fines and made the company implement Safety Training Programs. But not much changed. We were still instructed to perform maintenance on extremely powerful rolling mills, etc., without Locking Out energy sources, because that created additional downtime. I was similarly ordered to not Lock Out robots when I worked for GM, and I know it happens at a lot of companies. And guess what!!! OSHA does not shut down businesses just because they feel the business is too small.

Then consider the USDA that inspects our food supply. You can Google search to find that they very rarely permanently shut down any Meat Packing or Poultry Plants, even when there are outbreaks of salmonella, listeria, etc. Some in Congress complain that they have too little power to protect the consumer, and reports of violations are rampant. And not only that, they never ever shut down a business for being too small or selling too little product.

Then take a look at the record of the NTSB. Have you ever seen them shut down an Airline, Railroad, or Trucking Company because of safety problems or infractions? I couldn't find any companies forced out of business by NTSB Inspectors, or totally shut down due to things that sometimes endanger or kill scores of people. And again, they never shut down any Transportation Company for being too small or doing too little business.

I could go on, but you get the picture. We are supposed to be a free Constitutional Republic that runs on Capitalism and values Small Businesses and the many jobs they create. Once upon a time, we saw Anti-Trust Laws that broke up businesses like Google and Amazon that were so large that they killed competition, but that doesn't happen anymore. But Anti-Trust Laws didn't shut down businesses. They simply broke them up into smaller pieces, or prevented mergers.

Furthermore, we have a 2nd Amendment that would be pretty well neutered if Anti-Gun Democrats had their way by shutting down firearms dealers and suing firearms manufacturers into bankruptcy. ATF is Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, but they aren't closing thousands of taverns and smoke shops for selling to minors or for selling too little product. So someone please tell me why un-elected bureaucrats are permitted to shut down so many small firearms businesses for rather trivial things like minor paperwork errors or violations, forgetting to do a second NICS Background Check if a customer picks up a gun more than 30 days after the initial purchase, buying guns wholesale to sell to buddies or for your own use, or simply not selling enough guns? And just think, if you sold Hunter Biden a handgun knowing he was a crack and cocaine addict, you would be put out of business by the same Dept. of Justice that is protecting him and running out the statute of limitations clock. That was not the intent of Congress when the GCA of 1968 was passed, and the abuses always get much worse when Anti-Gun Democrats are in power. Gun owners who vote for Anti-Gun Democrats (which is nearly all of them these days) are lying on the Form 4473 about being mentally defective every time they buy a gun.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

4 members like this: eeb, mc, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith: You have some good points about why some business are allowed to stay in business after repeated fines and violations. I do not why unless it the largeness of the business who have the funds to fight with high dollar attorneys and paid lobbyists. I do know that AFT has told me that the purpose of having an ffl is to be engaged in the firearm business and not to buy guns wholesale for yourself and friends. Just like here in Texas you can not get a liquor license so that you can by liquor wholesale from the distributor for you and your fiends. A few years ago ATF was going after a friend of mind for paperwork violations. Same as what you mentioned above. The AFT had a booth at the Tulsa gun show and I spoke to the agent about how they were going after him for paperwork violations. Here is what she said: when you have a FFL it is a paperwork business. After she said that I thought about it and decided I could not argue with what she said. Yes, the current administration is not gun friendly, we all know that. I think it will get worse before it gets better. I got my license in the 70s and have seen many changes from that time on. Yes, more rules and regulations to follow, more every year. I believe that as time goes on you will continue to see a decrease in ffl dealers as the requirements to obtain and keep a license become more stringent.

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.