April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,059 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, as in years past, thought I'd start this thread for this years season.

Please stay on topic, be kind, no personal insults or snarky comments. Let's just have fun here and enjoy all the posts.

Wishing you all a very successful and especially safe season!

So, let's see all those great pictures.

Best Regards

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
10 members like this: 67galaxie, FallCreekFan, Jimmy W, Mills, Stanton Hillis, Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg,
Thanks again for the start-up! 15 days until Grousemas, counting it down. The coming season is looking promising.
Best wishes to everyone for a safe and satisfying season.
Karl
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com][Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

5 members like this: campero, Jimmy W, GLS, Stanton Hillis, Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thankyou as well Greg. Counting down the days here too. New toy for use during grousmas this year...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
a very light 12 for selective use only (on bright days w/nearly full freezers) .

Very much looking forward to seeing all this again...

Hope springs eternal!

Last edited by Lloyd3; 08/31/23 01:31 PM.
5 members like this: campero, Tim Cartmell, Mills, Parabola, Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Can't wait for the doves... gonna try a new spot along the railroad tracks down by the river. Hope for some action.

6 members like this: 67galaxie, campero, Mills, Parabola, Jimmy W, John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

Possibly off topic????
Hound training season here in VA, my son was pretty excited to tag along with a friend of mine.

6 members like this: mc, playing hooky, Mills, BrentD, Prof, Parabola, Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Marks 21: Nice Lefever.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 08/31/23 04:48 PM.
3 members like this: Parabola, Jimmy W, John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice pics, Marks 21. I love seeing hunt scenes from different areas of the country.

We will have a nice lunch tomorrow at the shed and rest a bit, then my youngest grandson Lane and I will join the rest of the party in the sunflower field. The high temp tomorrow afternoon is forecast at 82 degrees. Believe me when i say this is a gift. I've seen it 102 on opening day. I'm so excited I will likely fall sleep tonight as visions of sugarplum....NO, doves, dance in my head. Please pardon the silliness, but tomorrow IS a close second to CHRISTmas Day for me, each year. Pics tomorrow evening.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
7 members like this: mc, Jimmy W, GLS, John Roberts, Lloyd3, Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep, beautiful weather here too. After some of us put the finishing touches on the property today, we are going to do a low country boil tonight. Got to love the cooler weather for that. Wheat was burned a couple weeks ago, corn still standing in strategically placed rows. After shoot tomorrow, big shindig with barbecue, frog legs, etc with a band and even a fireworks finale (first time we have tried that). The shoot organizer is a go big or go home type of guy. I would rather miss Christmas than opening day of dove season.

3 members like this: mc, Parabola, Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Looking forward to a hot opener .....the shooting experience, not the 105*F that is forecast.
I share Stan's enthusiasm for the opener much as I did as a 6 year old.
Changing plans today , don't really want to sit in a field at that temperature in early-mid afternoon..... so going wait until later and shoot a waterhole, or rather shoot the flight line to the water, some 100+ yards in front of it.
Shooting solo until Monday, my son runs a business for us in Florida, he's going up tomorrow to retrieve his plane that had to be evacuated to higher shelter in front of Idalia , delayed his arrival plans a few days.

LOTS of Doves here in the Cow Country currently, scouting this week makes me feel like 15 bird limits will be quick half hour (or less) outings for those who can put the pattern in the right place.
Good Luck to everyone , let's get the season started.....

4 members like this: Stanton Hillis, Parabola, Jimmy W, John Roberts
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tucker and I dodged the heat this morning. Lucy is retired, again. On the hill at 8am and promptly realized I was hunting Blues again after I slipped and face planted into a Russian Thistle. Not long afterwards we moved a nice big covey right where I figured they would be. No shots taken on the initial flush due to low flying birds and the position of Tucker. A slacker bird flushed way out and I missed twice. Reloaded and a bird was barreling down hill and on top of my before I knew it, missed once incoming and again going away. Yup....hunting Blues. Tuck and I climbed the rocky ridge looking for singles, no love. We descended and I watched him hit scent out in front of me, the birds flushed behind me and I missed them twice as they were barreling down hill. Ahead of us a bird flushed from a pine well out of range, as I approached another flushed still too far out. A third bird from the same pine flushed, this time well within range giving me a nice easy going away shot..I finally connected. Tucker made a nice retrieve and we caught our breath and took a drink. It was starting to really warm up. I knew two more birds should be on the top of the ridge somewhere. Not much farther ahead a bird flushed from a tree and my only chance was to bend down and try a shot under a branch that was obstructing my view. I tickled that bird, not hit hard but definitely hit. Tucker did not see the bird land but picked up the trail right away. A short chase through the underbrush and we now had our second bird. Back at the truck by 8:50 and covered in sweat. A fine way to start the season.

First day shooting my new to me C.S. Rosson.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
9 members like this: campero, Tim Cartmell, Lloyd3, mc, Mills, earlyriser
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.