May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hammergun, Wild Skies, Jimmy W, canvasback, Sandlapper), 909 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,486
Posts545,296
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by Jimmy W
I just gotta ask. What kind of a dog is that in the cage. Is it a dog? Thanks. smile

JImmy, that is one of Gil's French Brittanys, either Abby or Willa, both fine woodcock/quail dogs. The older is Abby, but she's quite aged now and may not have been on the last hunt this past season.

Gil may not be on the board this morning. We had a pretty stout hurricane blow through yesterday and I've heard that Savannah got hit pretty bad, where Gil lives. Maybe he'll be on soon and elaborate.
Stan, Abby and Willa are American Brittanys. Snap is the Frenchie. Big difference is that American Brittanys "pee". French Britts "oui". We weathered okay. Lost power from 430 pm to 130 a.m. House was lit up like a Christmas tree when it came on. Need to start turning off lights when not in use... Gil

2 members like this: John Roberts, Stanton Hillis
Jimmy W Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

I still can't post anything on here or I would put my springer spaniel's picture on. I tried those two websites that everyone gave me but they won't let me register for some reason. So, I'll just have to enjoy everyone else's pictures. Thanks guys. Great looking dogs.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 08/31/23 09:09 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a stock Sharptail in 28 and a 12 Ga. Hammer Classic that has had a gripectomy, lightened triggers, and stock "upgrade"by Mark Larson. I also had a 20 ga. that I sold for no good reason and still miss that top fastener.
CZ SxS are what they are, good work guns that are fun to shoot, they are not hidden gems that are a H&H in the rough.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Jimmy W Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

So, if you have to get them serviced or worked on, where do you send them? Is there a service department here in the United States? And so many of you spoke about the triggers.....do you just take them to the local gunsmith to have trigger work done? Or do you send them back to the factory customer service shop?

Last edited by Jimmy W; 08/31/23 02:02 PM.
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

CZ-USA has a warranty program that does work. Stuff can happen-but it has been my experience it will be fixed or replaced.

PULL!
Hal M. Hare
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had Mark DeHaan lighten the triggers, but I doubt he's still doing it. Again, CZ SxS are what they are, Not Terrible-Not Great. You'll be satisfied if you go in
with that mindset, if not, you'll be disappointed.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Chantry
The quality is better than a Stoeger.

Damning with faint praise...

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Bluestem

I've been a Cowboy action shooter for 25+ years, I've seen a lot of new and used entry level SxS guns (Stoegers, Baikal's, TTN's, Stevens 311) in the under $1000 field.

I haven't seen a better shotgun than the CZ SxS in the under $1000 field and I can't think of a regularly available used SxS under $1000 that is better than the CZ. I own the Bobwhite G2 and know shooters who own their Hammer Classic, semi-auto and O/U and all are happy with the guns. The build quality of all them is better than one would expect for the price.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been a Cowboy action shooter for 25+ years, I've seen a lot of new and used entry level SxS guns (Stoegers, Baikal's, TTN's, Stevens 311) in the under $1000 field.

I haven't seen a better shotgun than the CZ SxS in the under $1000 field and I can't think of a regularly available used SxS under $1000 that is better than the CZ. I own the Bobwhite G2 and know shooters who own their Hammer Classic, semi-auto and O/U and all are happy with the guns. The build quality of all them is better than one would expect for the price.

Given the propensity of cowboy action shooters around here to take a hacksaw to their guns, you've provided a very practical list of candidates. Although, I'd hope the (original) Stevens would be spared. Since CZ USA is a few miles down the road, I've seen a lot of their guns being used. I was involved in an informal trap league a few years ago where we shot two rounds per week during the summer. A lot of the young/newer shooters were using CZ O/U's and the majority seemed to eventually develop issues: Triggers, ejectors, broken firing pins, and other assorted gremlins. The local joke is that CZ has excellent warranty service because they get so much practice. Glad to hear your experience has been different.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not long ago I bought a used Ithaca SKB Model 150 12ga from a local gun store for $950. I thought that was a good price. Don't know if it was unusually good. But unless you have something against single triggers, I'd say that's a better gun than a CZ. But then maybe you won't find many of those--or comparable doubles--for under $1,000.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.