May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (FelixD, eightbore), 255 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,501
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Sidelock
Sidelock

Lead is a persistent contaminant. The bird was not "guzzling leaded gasoline".
Stop being so juvenile.

Regards - Ian Forrester
Sidelock
Sidelock

Once I respected scientific articles. Having seen enough bunk between Climate and COVID, I am now suspicious of supposed scientific truth. The liars, spinners, and politicians of science have taught to read their stuff with much more caution. I see it in economics, education and history too and with a little thought could carry it into more fields with ease. Academic journals appear at times more about getting published than producing sound supported truth.

Nor do I believe that the politically motivated twisters of truth get their just desserts. I have lived long enough to see scoundrels prosper.

Should we insist scientists abide by the classic rules they once claimed to, of course we should. Do I think the genie of biased unscientific results masquerading as definitive truth will disappear, not likely.

Even medicine seems poisoned by the have changed, one example is equity over excellence in admissions. Psychology is terribly tainted with politics, every year we seem to add a new sex orientation category and then pretend it is new biologically founded truth. COVID goes without saying. I could go on but I believe the point is made.

Now back to the original question of Lead shot first for waterfowl then the the uplands. I remain convinced while extreme examples can be found that the evidence for non toxic waterfowl is suspect. It is a dead subject that is likely not to get revisited.

The science for the uplands might have some proof with condors, however given who produces those studies my suspicions are naturally raised. The same state argues for Carbon reduction, while consistently increasing their carbon footprint. Outside of their fairly unique Condor situation I have not heard any proven general upland threat posed by lead shot that is proven.

I believe that Upland lead shot bans are more about a back door to gun control. We must fight it hard. I really feel for hunters in blue states as they have an uphill battle.

Last edited by old colonel; 08/26/23 10:56 PM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
2 members like this: OldMaineWoodsman, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ian Forrester
Lead is a persistent contaminant. The bird was not "guzzling leaded gasoline".
Stop being so juvenile.

So where did it come from? What's the chain that leads to eagles - a juvenile nonetheless.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

"So where did it come from? What's the chain that leads to eagles - a juvenile nonetheless".

Are you really that stupid or do you just like stirring the pot? I'm through discussing science with you since you and science appear to be not well acquainted. Just because you claim to be a university prof does not make you a scientist.

Regards - Ian Forrester
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
It doesn't surprise me that you would not pattern a gun. Your Darnes are probably as bad as mine (that was yours). The last thing you would want to see is their actual patterns on a target. You really are clueless. But you are easy to figure.

You keep hunting grouse with wads, while I laugh.

Doesn’t surprise me that a liberal professor, dottering toward retirement, doesn’t have a clue where to start the process, with a species that is so easy to kill, either.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ian Forrester
"So where did it come from? What's the chain that leads to eagles - a juvenile nonetheless".

Are you really that stupid or do you just like stirring the pot? I'm through discussing science with you since you and science appear to be not well acquainted. Just because you claim to be a university prof does not make you a scientist.

In other words, you can't answer. I get it. Pretty amazing that it hangs out in quantities large enough to kill a juvenile for decades. Interesting indeed.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
It doesn't surprise me that you would not pattern a gun. Your Darnes are probably as bad as mine (that was yours). The last thing you would want to see is their actual patterns on a target. You really are clueless. But you are easy to figure.

Doesn’t surprise me that a liberal professor, dottering toward retirement, doesn’t have a clue where to start the process, with a species that is so easy to kill, either.

Best,
Ted

Ted, if only you were half as tough and smart as you think you are.

But continue on. Maybe you can shoot another grouse with a wad (in your dreams like the first one). In the meantime, you will continue on as the bitter old man on a keyboard. At least you are good at that.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Best,
Ted

But continue on. Maybe you can shoot another grouse with a wad (in your dreams like the first one). In the meantime, you will continue on as the bitter old man on a keyboard. At least you are good at that.

Behold, the professor who has discovered for us all, that wads in factory loaded ammunition can’t kill birds. He can’t read, either. I never said I did it, only witnessed it.

Details are important in science.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Best,
Ted

Behold, the professor who has discovered for us all, that wads in factory loaded ammunition can’t kill birds.

Best,
Ted

Thanks Ted, your determination to make an ass of yourself has been successful. Congratulations. Now, get out there with your wad loads and have at it. Great to know that we don't need lead - we don't even need shot. Just a wad. Yup. Great news.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

....Interesting. Where do you suppose a juvenile in the 20teens would be guzzling leaded gasoline?....
Yes, up is down. I'm thankful for the little things, such as you're no longer accepting students. Stick 'em with a small fortune in loans, when they could pick up the same science and philosophy degree at the corner latte shop for free, right B.

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.