May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
11 members (FlyChamps, Jimmy W, jake van dyke, buckstix, 3 invisible), 827 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,485
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#633340 07/25/23 08:44 AM
oskar Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I see that another batch of these have hit our shores. I've been thinking about one for a few years. Now I'm shooting percusion shotguns, Beretta Anniversary model and a copy of an English single 12ga. My main love of BP rifles are flintlocks and have been shooting them for nearly fifty years. The little Pedersoli is affordable and new, old ones in good working condition are out of my price range and have had 150+ yrs of life.

So anyone with experience with the Pedersoli or even thoughts about it. It will get used on desert quail and ducks over decoys.

Thanks

After the first shot the rest are just noise.
1 member likes this: Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Try the Capandball YouTube Channel.

He covers muzzle loading game shooting in Hungary and has often reviewed Pedersoli products.

oskar Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I watched them this morning, thank you for the heads up. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on one.

1 member likes this: Parabola
oskar Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well I tried to pull the trigger. It the right trigger was off the trigger.pull that's and I could barely get it to fire. The.left lock was bound up and would drop so slowly that it would barely.stike.a.spark. .The barrels were very thick and heavy as if the used in rifles rifle barrels. All in all a.peice of junk

Kip Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Disappointing but not entirely surprising, I had a 2022 production hammer gun (cartridge) from them that was absolute garbage.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry to hear that Oskar.

Did you buy it new - if so chuck it back at the retailer and insist they sort the locks out.

The barrels are probably built with an over cautious safety margin (“Bubba Proofing”).

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some Pedersolis are fine rifles. The Gibbs .45 long range rifle can win an International Championship Creedmoor Match with the right driver. But they are not all like that.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry to hear of your disappointment with the Pedersoli flintlock double. I was considering one for the same reasons, but was wary of buying from a concern that seems to make shotguns almost as an afterthought. It's clear they can make good rifles and pistols, but maybe they need to hear "could do better" with regard to their shotguns. Where there's a will...

oskar Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I did buy it new and they refunded my money without an argument. They even sent me a return order postage paid.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.