May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (PALUNC, Jeremy Pearce, old colonel, Hammergun), 741 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,488
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sandlapper, Ernest Marlette is now a Krieghoff dealer/gunsmith in Winston Salem.

JNW Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sandlapper,
You need to be looking at Krieghoffs, Perazzis, Kolars, Zolis, Beretta DT11s and CG Invictus. These are the top end. You owe it to yourself to shoot every model you are interested in before buying as they all feel a bit different. You really should look at the K80 Parcours and handle all 3 barrels (32”, 34” and 32”X). The 34” guns are magnificent! Cole Guns in Florida has many of these available to demo. Dupont in FL can also get you a demo K80 for several weeks as will Kolar.

"We are men of action. Lies do not become us."
Wesley
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

John, You are correct about unnecessary recoil with the Merkel, even though it has .729 bores( not the usual undersized German bores), it still works on you after 3-4 boxes are fired. Marcus

1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemen, I have listened to all your well-reasoned input, and read everything on the net I can find about brand preferences of target guns, and have narrowed it down to a Guerini Invictus IX M-Spec 34" model. From what I can see, rightly or wrongly, it combines the mechanics of a high round count clays model with the wood quality and decoration that I want. It seems to be more than a dolled up model built on the same chassis as a lower grade model. Guerini seems to have realized that, in order to be competitive with Kolar, Perazzi, P&V, etc., they had to have a totally new design that can withstand the truckloads of rounds that serious shooters put through these guns. If my logic is faulty, give me your reasons, please. Thanks, Sandlapper

1 member likes this: John Roberts
Kip Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Invictus IX is quite literally a dolled up model built on the same chassis as a lower grade model, as you put it. It is the same action as an Invictus I, which is $12k cheaper.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I certainly like the Invictus M
I suggested it, because he already had a 20 gauge Revenant.

The Invictus line is made for high volume use.
Whatever value a person places on adornment and wood, is always subjective.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I like mechanical triggers. Hard to go back to inertia for a target gun.

Kolar, Krieghoff and Blaser triggers are exceptional.

I also think modularity is important because, lets face it, you will most likely change your mind a bit and having the option to swap, sell is a good feature.

All three give you that.

Weight system is nice to have to fine tune balance.

Adj Comb is nice to have as well.

Kip #632894 07/14/23 08:55 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Kip
The Invictus IX is quite literally a dolled up model built on the same chassis as a lower grade model, as you put it. It is the same action as an Invictus I, which is $12k cheaper.
Originally Posted by Kip

The Invictus line/models are different actions from their other basic lines. The Invictus IX is a dolled up version for sure, but the whole Invictus line is different from their non-Invictus Summits, Ascents, Challenger versions. Stronger frame, different trigger, etc.
https://gueriniusa.com/catalog/#caesar-guerini-catalog/page44-page45
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 07/15/23 12:15 AM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I’ve shot a CG competitively for over 10 years with good results.FYI CG requires their guns be repaired by their smiths. So be prepared to ship your gun to them if repairs are required. They do not supply parts to outside parties.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've asked quite a few people at my clays club about their gun choices, and Perazzi seems to be the most popular answer I hear, with the superior handling being noted most often.On the flip side, I'm always hearing about Perazzi's propensity towards sideribs coming loose and the guns having to be worked on all the time, and I wonder why they don't correct these problems. as they seem to be longstanding. Would some of the P- gun shooters on this forum tell me their experiences with these issues? It seems every brand has its deficiencies. Thanks, Sandlapper

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.