May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ken Nelson, GETTEMANS, MattH, 1 invisible), 194 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,491
Posts545,315
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Since the earlier thread went sideways and got locked I’ll followup here with a 2.0.
Some observations:
1. The new venue was very fine with plenty of free parking.
2. Attendance seemed strong but either the aisles were wider or there were fewer people because it was easier to move about and certainly more room for the walkers/rollators.
3. It appeared that all 800 tables were booked.
4. Saw lots of cash changing hands.
5. Overheard one out-of-state vendor lamenting that this was their last trip to CO because of the new 3 day waiting period hurdle. (Saw a TV ad here last week for a politician declaring that when elected he is going to move it to a 10 day waiting period.)
6. Didn’t seem that the crowd was any younger or more diverse. (How does this compare to shows in your area?)

Speude Bradeos
1 member likes this: SKB
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was there on Saturday, if only to drop-off a gun with a vendor. I see it as yet another example of how Colorado is changing (& not for the better IMHO). It illustrates both a demographic and a generational shift away from more-traditional, more agrarian and perhaps more-conservative values to something resembling say....California. Gun shows here have moved from high-density (& high-profile) Denver to a much lower-density and a lower-profile place (Greeley). It also represents a state that has gone from mostly Red (when I first got here in the middle 80s) to more Purple (in the 2000s) to now an almost bright Blue, with full Democrat control over the House, the Senate, and the Governors Mansion. Even lowly Colorado Springs (the last bigger & mostly-conservative Colorado city, long a Republican stronghold) now has a Democratic mayor (the 1st one in something like 41-years). Demography is indeed destiny and...Colorado is now effectively run by a one-party political system (the Republican Party here is remarkably useless and shockingly-ineffective, it makes one wonder about who is really running it?). If history repeats itself (here, as it has elsewhere), things will really start to change now, and much more-rapidly. This will likely get this thread locked, so my apologies up-front for that.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 05/23/23 03:55 PM.
1 member likes this: dogon
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a great show, good sales, bought one, traded for one and caught up with old friends. Smaller than pre-covid, a bit farther drive for me as well. I just put my deposit down on two tables for next year.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
1 member likes this: dogon

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.