April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (67galaxie, 1 invisible), 943 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,110
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by KY Jon
By design Mark. We do not have a gun problem in this country as much as we have a mental health problem. But they will not go there at all. Every major city, has a homeless problem and every homeless situation has a large number of mental health issues behind them. Addictions, mental health and the refusal of those in charge to deal with the issues by any means other than spending more money on things which have proven to not work for decades. Kind of like the War on Drugs. And how well has that gone so far? .

I can certainly agree with this, but we have seen the states defunding many things, among them, mental health care in all forms and levels.

"Mental health care" funding comes with zero accountability for those who administer it. Scattered about like so much chaff in the wind, it gets no positive results. Same thing over and over. But it's the same thing for most of our tax dollars, or even worse, deficit spending that has no taxation base.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your vote counts

Sidelock
Sidelock

Who counts the votes matters more!

2 members like this: Stanton Hillis, mc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
Your vote counts
Exactly. Look at who is defending anything to do with mental health, particularly the health of violent patients.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by mc
Your vote counts
Exactly. Look at who is defending anything to do with mental health, particularly the health of violent patients.
It's a joke of an industry that was created on fed agenda grants It's not based facts, to identify needs, and it is certainly not based on successful outcomes. The best defenders are passionate and emotional grant writers, who're invested in fabricating next year's crisis.

I wish nothing but the best for those in need, and who're invested and see value in their outcome.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

In looking for the text of the new law I’ve realized the implications are more complicated. This from a newspaper report. “If a background check takes longer than the three-day waiting period, purchasers would have to continue waiting to access their weapon until the check is complete.” For a local shop represented at a gun show, this might still be workable but I don’t know how a non-local seller would be able to make sales not knowing how long the background check might take.

Speude Bradeos
1 member likes this: dogon
Sidelock
Sidelock

It may be that the status of the majority of checks will be known almost immediately. One would think non local sellers would have thought up a plan, regardless of delay, maybe shipping it to the buyers FFL Good luck with it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is a list of the encroachments in Maryland by date taken from the Maryland Shooters site...be glad you aren't in Maryland but it is probably a look at what's to come for the rest of you

Rapid fire trigger device ban 10/1/2018

Red Flag / ERPO confiscations 10/1/2018

Mandatory registration of regulated arms 90 days of moving to MD 10/1/2013

10 round magazine limit 10/1/2013

HQL for handgun purchase 10/1/2013

Assault weapons /copy cat weapons ban (regulated rifles) 10/1/2013

5lb Limit on storage of smokeless powder / 5lb limit on black powder 10/1/2003

Mandated safety course for regulated firearms purchase 10/1/2000

Mandated trigger locks 10/1/2000

Ballistic records / shell casings retained for new purchases (rescinded 2015) 10/1/2000

Firearms seizures in domestic violence cases 10/1/1996

One regulated purchase per month 10/1/1996

End of private handgun sales 10/1/1996

Straw purchases banned 10/1/1996

Assault pistol ban 10/1/1996

20 round magazine limit 1994

Firearms secured from children under 16 1992

"Assault Rifles" added to handguns as "regulated firearms" 1989

Handgun Roster Board Established / Ban on "Saturday Night Specials" 1988

Wear and Carry Permit established 1972

Good and Substantial reason for carry permits 1972

Handguns prohibited from vehicles (excluding a few exceptions for transport) 1972

7-day wait for regulated firearms 1966

Pistol registration for new purchases 1966

Denial of handguns purchase for those who spent >30 consecutive days in a mental institution 1966

Annual State machine gun registration 1934

Good and Substantial reason to carry (open or concealed without a permit) 1886

Prohibition of free blacks from carrying arms following Nate Turner Slave Rebellion (later rescinded) 12/1831

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lawrence, I grew up on the Eastern Shore and knew most of the changes listed. The list is long and depressing to me. I still own land there but will never live there again. I much prefer a “Shall Issue” state carry attitude to Maryland’s don’t even think about it.

Worse to me is Maryland use to have eight congressmen evenly split between both parties and last time I checked had one remaining Republican congressman which they were trying to get rid of by drawing up a new district map with almost no chance for his reelection. High tax, lots of government meddling, too many laws, regulations and permits for me. They tried to prevent me from cutting 60% of my timber a few years ago. Today I suspect they would be more successful. Great to own land which you can only pay taxes on. And don’t get me started on the DNR over reach, or their decision to introduce unwanted turkeys onto my land. I hate turkeys almost as much as most farmers hate deer. A pestilence.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Valid discussion here. As for myself, I grew up in Northern California (occupied Mexico). The "homeless" problem there is huge, yet liberal state and municipal governments respond with actions and policies that exacerbate the problem - by tolerating the encroachments of homeless encampments, feeding and caring for these people, even distributing free needles for injecting drugs. In Santa Cruz, CA beaches and other public areas, including state parks, are littered with discarded needles.

Everywhere I have seen "homelessness" it equates to drug addicted. The problem is not a lack of affordable homes, it is drug addiction.

I left my native state years ago and now live in Arizona. Never been sorry for even a minute.

C Man
Life is short
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.