April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, Jimmy W), 410 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

On Friday our governor signed into law four new “gun control” bills one of which imposes a three day waiting period on gun purchases. It’s reported that nine other states already have this restriction in place. For those of you in those states, how has this impacted your gun shows? (Our annual gun collector/classic arms show is coming up in three weeks and I doubt that it will impact this years’ show but wonder about subsequent years.)

Speude Bradeos
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I can run the 4473 for any local buyers and you can collect it after the 3 days if that helps any board members.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
1 member likes this: FallCreekFan
Sidelock
Sidelock

IL now has a 72 hour wait for long guns. It has cost me sales at WI shoots. I have also heard it has affected snow sales in the southern part of WI.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Any waiting period is going to cause a decrease in impulse purchases. Those who are committed will buy anyways. It is all about doing something, instead of doing something that would help. Just another hoop to jump through.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just remember, as minor as some of these regs may seem when introduced, they are the thin edge of the wedge. The forces arrayed against gun owners are not looking for a compromise that will make America safer. They are looking for the removal of guns from as many non government hands as possible and EVERY regulation is a step forward for them. They take the long view and understand it’s a multi generational fight. Do not underestimate them, even with your 2cd Amendment.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
8 members like this: builder, Geo. Newbern, Run With The Fox, Karl Graebner, mc, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

FFL dealers must follow the laws of the state that the buyer lives in even when the buyer is out of state. It gets harder all the time to do the right thing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The next big push against private use of firearms is coming with restrictions on ammunition. It’s all in the greater plan that Canvasback speaks of. A gun is a worthless instrument without a way to feed it.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
3 members like this: Run With The Fox, Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

By design Mark. We do not have a gun problem in this country as much as we have a mental health problem. But they will not go there at all. Every major city, has a homeless problem and every homeless situation has a large number of mental health issues behind them. Addictions, mental health and the refusal of those in charge to deal with the issues by any means other than spending more money on things which have proven to not work for decades. Kind of like the War on Drugs. And how well has that gone so far?

After 60 years of the War on Drugs I know that the Government is incapable of winning that or the newer War Against Guns so it is becoming a War on Legal Guns. They can make ownership more expensive or more difficult and will try to chip away at selected gun ownership and rights while pretending that that is all they want. Sane, common sense measures, translates into do what we tell you and we will leave you a bone, for now. It comes down to an attack on freedoms for those they disagree with. They do not want you to have walls, guns, or extra security, yet they live behind gated communities, with extra security, some of which is armed. Hypocrites. I am glad I am near the end of my lifespan because I call BS on all of them.

3 members like this: eeb, John Roberts, BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

John I cringe with every new revenue bill. Taxation alone on ammo could hurt us a lot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KY Jon
By design Mark. We do not have a gun problem in this country as much as we have a mental health problem. But they will not go there at all. Every major city, has a homeless problem and every homeless situation has a large number of mental health issues behind them. Addictions, mental health and the refusal of those in charge to deal with the issues by any means other than spending more money on things which have proven to not work for decades. Kind of like the War on Drugs. And how well has that gone so far? .

I can certainly agree with this, but we have seen the states defunding many things, among them, mental health care in all forms and levels.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.