April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (obsessed-with-doubles, Lloyd3, ClapperZapper, SKB, Drew Hause, 1 invisible), 531 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,097
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Did you shoot the jake with a well regulated gun, and then put the Darne in the picture?

Just curious.

Best,
Ted

Haha. Right? 🤣.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can usually get the decade correct on a Darne, at least until the 1960s, when the serial number made reference to the decade of production. There are plenty of exceptions, as well, any gun with a “SPL” or “SPC” serial number prefix simply can’t be dated.

1955 was a year of desperate contraction and absorption in the French gun trade. There wasn’t much good news in France, in that decade.

Pre war guns are nice, the Bruchet produced guns are the best, novel actions can be found pre turn of the last century, and scattered in among all years of production are really great examples, and some duds. I’ve dissed on many a James Wayne import, but, damn if I didn’t find a V19 20 gauge that is a smoking little bird gun, with great wood and engraving, and neither trigger will hold the weight of the gun, which, is under 5 3/4 pounds. I wish I still had the 20 gauge Dustin referenced, an R15 engraved by Ariel Recrux that demonstrated that it wasn’t just Guy Ripamonte that could lay down absolutely ’bItchen rosace engraving. I also wish I still had a really plain 20, the gun that appeared in the Double Gun Journal, because, even with wood the color of butter, and cartoonishly executed engraving, the thing was self aiming death on birds.

I don’t know squat about turkeys, Brent. I’m OK with that.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

The more I see these guns the more I want one. I handled one once at Ron Peterson's here in Albuquerque and thought it to be the strangest gun I have ever handled. Oh how I wish I had looked at it a little longer. It was a 20 gauge and it was also gone that same afternoon I looked at it. Oh well. The search is now on again and this string of posts makes it even more intense!! And, by the way , Brent, I don't think I want yours!!! No offense. I just had to say that!! Good luck with the gobblers tomorrow.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by LeFusil
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
All I can say, Ted, is what others have told me. So it is. They are people who I tend to respect and whose reputations are pretty unimpeachable. If you and The Fuse wish to impeach them, go ahead. Good luck with that.

Wish to impeach who? Figments of your lying imagination? You’re right, good luck with that.

Such a straight up liar. What an unashamed tool you are, Brent. You’ve embarrassed yourself by spouting, repeating and standing by your lies. Hard to come back from that.

Well, as you like to say, prove it. Prove I'm a liar. Go on. Let's see you do it. You have a big mouth that you like to run. Go for it. I'll check back tomorrow and see how you are doing. but I'm going turkey hunting tomorrow.

You’re a liar. Straight up, bold faced liar. You’ve proved it yourself.
Still waiting for all the gunsmiths and people you talked with about poorly regulated Darnes to come forward and save your lying ass. Guessing that isn’t going to happen. Hell, at this point we’ll even settle for some names.

The balls been in your court ever since you started spouting your lies. Put up or shut up. You won’t shut up, will you though? You’ll keep flappin your dumb gums no matter how silly you look. Keep on flappin. Everyone can see you for what you really are. You aren’t fooling anyone.

You’re a know nothing idiot. I’ll put my knowledge on doubleguns up against yours any day of the week. You’ve absolutely contributed NOTHING since you’ve been on this board and this place was great when you were gone for awhile.

Kentucky windage? You took a gun you supposedly knew wasn’t regulated very well Turkey hunting? Who the hell does that? What kind of a so called sportsman takes a gun afield that he supposedly knows isn’t going to shoot where it’s aimed and possibly wound an animal and not take it cleanly??? Your ethics are suspect, Brent. What an absolute moron. You said it, not me.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.