April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Southern Sport, Bret Adams, David Williamson, obsessed-with-doubles, SKB, 1 invisible), 989 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,119
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by LeFusil
Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
BrentD, what a moron. You’re too stupid to know when you’ve been put on blast. Balls in your court moron. Try holding your breath like we talked about earlier.

Is that the best you can do now? It isn't going to change the fact that a surprising proportion of Darnes won't regulate.

Well, prove it, stupid.

That’s what we thought….crickets.

Still doesn’t stop you from flapping your gums though.

“Surprising proportion”. Bwahahaha!!!! Idiot.
Prove. It.

Stupidity being the product of ignorance and arrogance, you have pretty much maxed out the stupidity scale. Be that as it may, you will have to call them yourself. I didn't record the phone conversations. Have at it big boy.

Now get on those meds. You're going to hurt yourself. You are short tonight and burning bright. I'm afraid you are going to explode>

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Still flappin your gums.

Still crickets. Burden of proof is on you and your legions of Darne owners and gunsmiths to testify to your wild claims.

Crickets…crickets……..criiiiiiiickets.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent,
You owned ONE example. It was not a high grade, was not ordered by you, and had lived a long life prior to you getting it. Much like the English stuff everybody chases, there were periods of better guns, and other periods. Late 1940s was not a great or highly sought out period from either country. Here, in the US either, as far as that goes.
About a million Darne guns were produced, 1870s until very recently. It strains credibility to believe that regulation was a “common” issue on these guns, as people wouldn’t have kept buying them, were it so. People don’t keep buying guns that don’t work.
Regulation issues don’t seem to be “common” on any specific brand of gun. Period. I had trouble with a Ruger Red Label, a first year 20 gauge. I’ve seen trouble with Ruger Gold Labels, two to be exact, and the company quit making them due to “production issues” whatever that might be.
A long time ago, one of the English gun makers who used to post regularly, “gunman” posted that he had spent a lifetime chasing regulation issues in his trade, and he guessed 60% of the time it was the Indian, and not the arrow. I can dig that post up for you, but, you dismissed his view entirely, in spite of him being eminently qualified to offer that advice.

That, more than anything, tells me you have an axe to grind. Nobody here, who uses a Darne, and there are many of us, has had that exact issue. Hard triggers on R models, guns that kick with hunting loads, broken stocks, but, no complaints on regulation.

Save yours.

Good luck with your next gun, Brent.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, Ted, I owned one. n=1 Interestingly, that specific gun was owned by yourself before me, of course. So you know exactly of what era it was (you told me and I have it written down somewhere and in a PM or email), and you know exactly what it was like when it left your hands and what it looked like when it arrived in my hands. It was only a relatively brief time between you and me. It is hard to imagine anything that could have caused nearly nonoverlapping right and left patterns at all distances and with all loads for targets to turkeys and yet not show some evidence of major abuse.

All I can say, Ted, is what others have told me. So it is. They are people who I tend to respect and whose reputations are pretty unimpeachable. If you and The Fuse wish to impeach them, go ahead. Good luck with that.

Yes, I have heard about Ruger Reds and Golds as well. Mostly right here. That has gone unchallenged. I suspect Darnes are probably much the same. I would not buy a Ruger Gold without patterning it first any more than I would a Darne, now that I know.

I have no axes to grind. Why would I?

The next gun arrived today. It will be shot tomorrow.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Did you shoot the jake with a well regulated gun, and then put the Darne in the picture?

Just curious.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: LeFusil
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Ted, perhaps the question better asked is, "was that the turkey you were aiming at"?. If so that gun was well regulated. If it was standing next to the one you wanted to shoot, then maybe not so much. If you make a million guns over a century you can count on quality control being all over the place, some periods being better than others. Do we not have an absolute hard line, drawn in the dirt, for all guns made before 1964 by Winchester being far superior to those made afterwards? I am sure true Darne aficionados have some similar hard and fast thoughts about which guns were better than others. We see a "Darne" where they see a pre 1900, or pre WWI, or Pre WWII as being better while a Depression era or post WWI and WWII gun being suspect. I like the looks of a Darne but have never found one I can shoot worth a Darne.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
Did you shoot the jake with a well regulated gun, and then put the Darne in the picture?

Just curious.

Best,
Ted

Pretty funny Ted. I guess you don't know much about turkeys, sort of like The Fuse and Darnes. I also guess you forgot that I sent you that photo within minutes of shooting that bird. I did appreciate your help in finding the gun, even if it did turn out to be a lemon.

I held a foot and half right before pulling the trigger. Kentucky windage is a thing, you know.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KY Jon
Ted, perhaps the question better asked is, "was that the turkey you were aiming at"?. If so that gun was well regulated. If it was standing next to the one you wanted to shoot, then maybe not so much. If you make a million guns over a century you can count on quality control being all over the place, some periods being better than others. Do we not have an absolute hard line, drawn in the dirt, for all guns made before 1964 by Winchester being far superior to those made afterwards? I am sure true Darne aficionados have some similar hard and fast thoughts about which guns were better than others. We see a "Darne" where they see a pre 1900, or pre WWI, or Pre WWII as being better while a Depression era or post WWI and WWII gun being suspect. I like the looks of a Darne but have never found one I can shoot worth a Darne.

I believe Ted told me that he thought the gun was made in the 1950s, maybe 1956. But that's from memory. But Ted knows.

_________

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

All I can say, Ted, is what others have told me. So it is. They are people who I tend to respect and whose reputations are pretty unimpeachable. If you and The Fuse wish to impeach them, go ahead. Good luck with that.

Wish to impeach who? Figments of your lying imagination? You’re right, good luck with that.

Such a straight up liar. What an unashamed tool you are, Brent. You’ve embarrassed yourself by spouting, repeating and standing by your lies. Hard to come back from that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wish to impeach who? Figments of your lying imagination? You’re right, good luck with that.

Such a straight up liar. What an unashamed tool you are, Brent. You’ve embarrassed yourself by spouting, repeating and standing by your lies. Hard to come back from that.

Well, as you like to say, prove it. Prove I'm a liar. Go on. Let's see you do it. You have a big mouth that you like to run. Go for it. I'll check back tomorrow and see how you are doing. but I'm going turkey hunting tomorrow.

_________

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.