March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ted Schefelbein, GSPWillie, Tim in PA, steve voss), 805 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've always wondered what the appeal of the Monte Carlo stock was. I guess now I know...

Sidelock
Sidelock

here is a riddle for all...

what is the difference between a custom gunstock and a bespoke gunstock?

who ever gets it gits free shipping on our next deal...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good
here is a riddle for all...

what is the difference between a custom gunstock and a bespoke gunstock?

who ever gets it gits free shipping on our next deal...

Nobody here wants your "deals".

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

with regard to drop...

it has been my experience over the past 40 years or so as a hobby dealer in antique and collector firearms, the following has been observed about sxs shooters...

most dont concern themselves with drop...some hunters make a big deal about drop at comb...target shooters are more concerned about drop at heel...

sxs guns stocked 1 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 14 1/2 are the most popular...

o/u, autoloader and pump gun shooters are mostly happy with factory dimensions...

in the right hands, a browning superposed, remington 1100 and win model 12 are magic, right out of the box...

Sidelock
Sidelock

well stan, certainly no deals ...fur you...once was enough for me...

Last edited by ed good; 03/30/23 07:29 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good
well stan, certainly no deals ...fur you...once was enough for me...

IMO, your "deals" weren't deals.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

take a close look at the nine images posted by doc drew above...

notice how the placement of the leading hand varies...

these are examples of how shooters can adopt themselves to a gun, instead of vice versa...

try it on guns that do not fit you...you may be surprised at the positive results that can be achieved by just moving your leading hand up and down and even in front of the forend...

Sidelock
Sidelock

The recent thread concerning Wm. Powell & Sons made me recall a similar gun by the same maker that I was pursuing years ago. If ever a gun fit me, it was that one. Stocked higher at the comb and a longer LOP it was a dream to handle. Sadly, the $$
weren’t available to complete the transaction. For the most part vintage guns don’t fit me very well.

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
1 member likes this: SKB
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am average build 5'10" and 180 lbs but must have long arms because I am more comfortable shooting a long stock 15 1/8" lop and high drop at heel, 2 1/8" to 2 1/4" but feel drop at face is most important and often overlooked pitch. A gun with a sharp toe will come up and throw the barrels high. I had an old Purdey with more drop than I normally use and at times I shot it really well without realizing I was keeping my head very upright. No recoil since my head was very light on the stock , if at all. I was just very inconsistent. I wanted to shoot it well so bad I convinced myself I could. Eventually I faced the truth.

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
1 member likes this: Ken Nelson
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ken Nelson
The recent thread concerning Wm. Powell & Sons made me recall a similar gun by the same maker that I was pursuing years ago. If ever a gun fit me, it was that one. Stocked higher at the comb and a longer LOP it was a dream to handle. Sadly, the $$
weren’t available to complete the transaction. For the most part vintage guns don’t fit me very well.

Me too Ken. I love my Holland, a rare long and high stocked gun that was built as though it were made for me. Tough to find in a vintage shotgun. That gun will not be sold until I can no longer follow a bird dog.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.