April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Sun Dog, ithaca1, Lloyd3, skeettx, Drew Hause, 1 invisible), 878 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,830
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#627432 03/15/23 10:00 PM
JNW Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I live in the Midwest and enjoy going to the sxs shoots that are available here. This last weekend I was informed that the Duluth Double Gun shoot will be held for the last time this July. This has always been a wonderful event.
Now today I get an email that the Tunnel of Trees shoot in northern Michigan has been canceled. It’s just too much work. If any of you have ever been involved in planning, organizing and putting on a large shooting event it takes a huge effort, so I understand. Just sad to see them go. Hanging out for several days with over 100 sxs enthusiasts that actually shoot their guns has always been special.

Last edited by JNW; 03/15/23 10:01 PM.

"We are men of action. Lies do not become us."
Wesley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by JNW
I live in the Midwest and enjoy going to the sxs shoots that are available here. This last weekend I was informed that the Duluth Double Gun shoot will be held for the last time this July. This has always been a wonderful event.
Now today I get an email that the Tunnel of Trees shoot in northern Michigan has been canceled. It’s just too much work. If any of you have ever been involved in planning, organizing and putting on a large shooting event it takes a huge effort, so I understand. Just sad to see them go. Hanging out for several days with over 100 sxs enthusiasts that actually shoot their guns has always been special.

That is sad news, and on the eve of moving Duluthward no less.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

There seems to be some new ones coming on line as well as one that is regenerating itself. I was told that the U.P. Northern that was held in the western U.P. has started again in addition to the one held in Wisconsin. I talked to a member who belongs to the club that hosts The Tunnel of Trees and was told that the club actually has next to no SxS members, hence the lack of interest in working to put it on. I shoot all the one day events I can, along with some Ruffed Grouse organization shoots to help satisfy my interest.
Karl
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

There are two still very much alive in the Upper Midwest: The Great Northern in Medford, WI in mid-july. And one in the UP at Negaunee in mid-August. This will be the 2nd year for the Negaunee sxs shoot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not a big shoot like Medford, but we are on our 3 rd year hosting a SxS shoot at Back 40 Sporting in Bourbon IN. May 21 starting at 10 am. Includes 110 targets, all thrown as doubles this year. Ten of the targets to be thrown off a high tower coming in over trees. Small prizes for 1st thru 3rd, handicapped with 20 ga getting + 3 targets, 28 ga getting +4 targets and .410 getting +5 targets. Free tables for display and swap on first come basis.

$55 includes lunch

backfortysportingclays.com

574 305 1969

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow what a surprise!
Components double, limited ammo, old guys on fixed income suffering to buy essentials. Welcome to the world of recreational shooting! Maybe we all will have to be creative in order to survive these awful times.

1 member likes this: mc
Boxlock
Boxlock

Connecticut Shotgun has one coming up in April! It is being sponsored with KidsAlive International, held on April 21st at Blalock Lakes in Newnan, GA. There will be a tournament with prizes, raffles, two guest speakers, and many CT Shotguns and Used Shotguns on diplay. Not exactly Midwest but its looking like a great time.

Prize Categories:
1. Top Team Score
2. Top Individual Score
3. Top Womens Score
4. Top .410 Gauge Score
5. Station 13 Prize For Station Of A Hill At The Back Of A Clubhouse
6. Last Place

Register Here
connecticutshotgun.co

Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Co.
Boxlock
Boxlock

Anyone know of West Coast events? Like, close to Oregon.

Sidelock
Sidelock

AZ Mike. Lack of interested shooters is not the problem. The mid west shoots are selling out. Club members aging out and burning out is what’s killing the shoots.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stoneke, see here:

https://casxs.com/

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.