March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Dan R, Hoot4570, ChiefAmungum, canvasback, 2 invisible), 356 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,985
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Recoil Rob, I like the addition of cotton gloves and borescope.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Is there a map of the vendors available at the Tulsa show?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been to Tulsa many times. I don't ever remember seeing one 2" double. But it's a large show I'm sure i missed them.

Brent you're better off buying the Midland for $2200 and having it redone how you want. The barrels and wood is good, all you need to do is whatever cosmetic finishing you want. JMHO

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by battle
I've been to Tulsa many times. I don't ever remember seeing one 2" double. But it's a large show I'm sure i missed them.

Brent you're better off buying the Midland for $2200 and having it redone how you want. The barrels and wood is good, all you need to do is whatever cosmetic finishing you want. JMHO

You are almost certainly right on both counts, but it is the hunt that counts. Stalking a 2" in the wild has already been a lot of fun, and I've never been to Tulsa, so that's an added benefit.

Rebuilding the Midland would work, but it would take a long, long time and I'm not that young anymore.

The show will be fun, and maybe I can sell my Smith 629 Mt. to increase the funding for the next gun, even if I don't find it in Tulsa. Just an adventure here in the late doldrums of winter while waiting on turkey season to commence.

_________

1 member likes this: Karl Graebner
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent,
Very true ! That perfect gun in your search could very well be right around the corner. After years of searching, it happened for me.
Press on and good luck and happy hunting!
Karl
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by battle

You are almost certainly right on both counts, but it is the hunt that counts. Stalking a 2" in the wild has already been a lot of fun, and I've never been to Tulsa, so that's an added benefit.

Rebuilding the Midland would work, but it would take a long, long time and I'm not that young anymore.

The show will be fun, and maybe I can sell my Smith 629 Mt. to increase the funding for the next gun, even if I don't find it in Tulsa. Just an adventure here in the late doldrums of winter while waiting on turkey season to commence.

I can understand that. Good luck Brent. If I make it out maybe we can connect.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Karl Graebner
Brent,
Very true ! That perfect gun in your search could very well be right around the corner. After years of searching, it happened for me.
Press on and good luck and happy hunting!
Karl

I like that!

Regardless of what it's chambered in, that is a Sweetie!

On of my "big fears" is that I should happen upon something else like a bargain price H &H or Dickson that is not the 2" gun I want and then I'd have to choose.

Karl don't hesitate to show off that gun some more. I can't quite read the label with the specs on it.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent,
I had been looking for a light weight / open choked British gun for Woodcock and Grouse hunting for some time. Light weight meant 2 1/2" chambering as well. After nearly giving up I stumbled on it! It's a 1910 Churchill box lock with 26" barrels choked .003 & .011 weighing 5 lbs. 12 oz. AND it fit me! It had been shot very little and was in great condition. At the time it was Churchill's best and only box lock and I had to have it. With the shortage of RST's and other 2 1/2" ammo, I've simply fed it 2 3/4" light 7/8 oz. loads that replicate or less the recoil of the RST's and it has worked out well. I save my remaining RST 1 oz. loads for hunting.
The gun you seek is out there, don't give up!
Karl

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That is gorgeous, Karl.

I just realized that f I can find a 5.5# 12x2", I I will have a 12 gauge double in every half pound increment from 5.5 to 8 lbs. I don't know if this really has any useful significance, but I definitely want that light 12.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent
The thing that I realized was that once you develop the necessary muscle memory for the weight of the gun, the magic happens. It will take practice and time, but it will happen. The lighter SxS's have spoiled me now, and has become a preference. Make sure the gun fits and that the balance suits you, I think you'll find it. I'm looking forward to your post of that prize. I think your incremental weight range of guns can be very useful.
Karl

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.