March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jimmy W, fullandfuller, craigd, Lloyd3, gasgunner, 1 invisible), 303 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,980
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
HomelessjOe #49950 07/26/07 02:18 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

HomelessjOe,
why not name who it is??Your not going to buy anything more from him and that C note's history.

Hillary For Prison 2018
HomelessjOe #49951 07/26/07 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
For the record..My post has nothing to do with Bob at BullseYe...never heard of him.

You might as well post the dealer name, right now, you are giving every dealer a blackeye

Buzzbee #49955 07/26/07 02:57 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

[/quote]
You might as well post the dealer name, right now, you are giving every dealer a blackeye[/quote]
As much as I detest discord, I have to agree. Either that or let the thread die a natural death.
We are all grown and mostly mature men. Ladies and young'uns excepted. It does not reflect well on us to be name calling and pointing fingers toward the vast crowd. Seems to me that when all attempts to bring a deal to a happy conclusion have failed, and one needs to "warn" an unsuspecting public of a dealer or buyer, it is the mature thing to state the facts and name the name.
Just my thinking.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
HomelessjOe #49956 07/26/07 02:58 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Regarding the dealer's "Don't tell if they don't ask" policy: If you're like me and have ever tried to buy a gun sight unseen from a dealer, you'll find that most dealers, since they are so busy and all, will quickly run out of patience if you start asking more than a handful of questions.

They combine that approach with the '.....for its age' disclaimer and you might as well just call and say 'send me the gun' without asking any questions.

HomelessjOe #49957 07/26/07 03:00 PM

For the record..My post has nothing to do with Bob at BullseYe...never heard of him.

That leads to TURNBULL.

GregSY #49977 07/26/07 04:35 PM
JM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY
you'll find that most dealers, since they are so busy and all, will quickly run out of patience if you start asking more than a handful of questions.

I would gladly walk away from anyone who is not willing to take my questions seriously and answer them honestly. Business is more than an exchange of money and products. If they do not have the patience and time to answer my questions, then they have nothing I want.

I've had excellent experiences buying several second hand guns from Steve Barnett, Cabela's, British Sporting Arms, and Westely Richards Agency. In two situations things were not exactly right, and the dealers gave me all the possible options to correct the situation.

Sorry about the situation Hjoe...

JM #50068 07/27/07 04:30 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe,
A dealer that does not return shipping fees when he is clearly at fault in his description, is basically having you pay for his attempt at deception. This game repeats itself until the seller eventually finds another buyer who does NOT catch the inconsistencies of his less than honest description. The last unfortunate buyer learns too little too late the cost of an
oversight.

O-D

Old-Doubles #50073 07/27/07 06:37 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Agreed...

I had a similar experience with Woodcock Hill a year or so back....he turned from Mr.Nice guy to a smart aZz but...when caught he "returned all the shipping"...still babbling how "it was a good gun for the money"....

I don't know about you guys but I don't have three grand to throw away on clunkers.

I don't look in the direction of his website anymore. I bet the gun is still on his site with no mention of the breech face being coroded to hell and back....you could almost add an extra firing pin.

My only good mail order/internet experiemce has been with Montey Whitley....(I don't blame him on it at all)....he returned shipping no questions asked...never once tried to tell me I was wrong....after he got the gun back he called me...said "you know I believe you are right that the forearm wood was replaced at some point".
It didn't jump out at you like the mashed rib or the coroded breechs....It was a very old job on a 125 year old gun it wasn't that bad of job but didn't suit me.

I've purchased another gun from him since....I guess 'one out of three ain't bad' when it comes to internet gun dealers.

HomelessjOe #50080 07/27/07 07:53 AM
JM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Agreed...

I had a similar experience with Woodcock Hill a year or so back....he turned from Mr.Nice guy to a smart aZz but...when caught he "returned all the shipping"...still babbling how "it was a good gun for the money"....

If he was being a smart aZZ about how it was a good gun for the money, you should have told him to make sure it stays in his personal collection and that you hope he did not pay too much for it.

It's not like this sport has a hundred million people buying these types of guns everyday. It's a niche sport and one would think dealers would be aware how quickly word spreads if they try to take advantage of someone. If this guy had returned your money on the spot, everyone would be saying what a good guy to deal with.

When things go right for both parties in any exchange, almost anyone is a good person to do business with. It's when things go wrong that you find out who is a good person to do business with and who is not.

HomelessjOe #50082 07/27/07 08:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would it be a good idea for this board to have a "Sticky", where a Dealer List might reflct both good and bad experiences. A little like the eBay feedback, but with a more specificity in the commentary. That way, a single bad experience might be offset by many good experiences (or vice-versa).
It would be a help to everyone in this community and probably get the dealers' attention.

Last edited by MIKE THE BEAR; 07/27/07 08:04 AM.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.