May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Ian Forrester, DAM16SXS, cable, 3 invisible), 515 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,592
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#623483 12/13/22 07:21 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

While looking through some old saved emails I ran across this and thought I'd post it, in case someone was having some issues with the auto-prime feature on their MEC loader(s). I used to have a problem with my 9000G, which resulted in the new primer jumping out of the pocket into which it is dropped on the downstroke of the operating handle, when the handle was in the upstroke. Most of the time the primer would jump up a little ways, flip itself over, and land back in the pocket upside down. This required me to stop, grab a magnet and take it out and re-insert it in the pocket right side up.

I requested help from MEC and got this most helpful reply from one Ron Freitag, at MEC. This advise absolutely fixed my problems with the auto-prime feature. Maybe it will help someone else here, or in the future.

Freitag, Ron <Rfreitag@mayvl.com>
Fri, Feb 22, 2008, 8:07 AM

The primer feed will work smoother if the tray is always kept polished
with any type of furniture polish. Also make sure that the black arm
inside the tray is tight against the chrome tray. This arm should pivot
up and down freely although there should be no play in it as far as
lifting upwards off the tray. The bottom of the chrome tube should
contact the shell carrier and be set so it is completely centered with
the hole in the carrier. Then the spring and chain should be adjusted
just so the primer drops at the very bottom of the stroke. Having the
chain set to tight could cause the tray to slip upwards.

The primers may be jumping out of the shell carrier as the collet opens
up. The collet may be snapping open and lightly hitting the bottom of
the primer and causing it to bounce out. First, make sure that the
collet is lubricated with Anti-seize lubricant so it opens up smoothly.
If this does not help, you may need to lower the collet slightly (1/2
turn). This will prevent the top of the collet fingers from hitting the
primer. If nothing helps, you may need to return the press to our
service department to be corrected.

If you have any further questions or need to obtain parts, feel free to
contact us again or call us at 1-800-797-4632, CST., 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.

Thank You
Ron

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: builder
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for posting this. The nugget for me was having the bottom of the chrome tube touch the carrier. I’ve always kept the tube too far from the carrier and get flipppedprimeritis at times.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.