March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Researcher, Jimmy W, SKB, arrieta2), 786 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#622176 11/17/22 10:43 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm not a conservative, but I've always admired Michael Gerson who just died at 58. A staunch Christian, he had much to say about the role of religion in politics. We have lost a great voice for morality and sanity. RIP Michael.

Bill Ferguson
rocky mtn bill #622179 11/17/22 11:32 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Noted. So am I a Christian. But can you explain why you are not a conservative? Most gun owners and Second Amendment supporters are. What is so attractive about liberal thought and causes that enamor you? There are many times more conservative voices out there for morality and sanity than liberal ones.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 11/17/22 07:32 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
3 members like this: spring, eightbore, Stanton Hillis
rocky mtn bill #622182 11/17/22 02:18 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

John, I'm a conservative on very few issues because the R's oppose every action we need now to maintain a livable future. As hunters, we can set aside questions of gun control. We're in no danger of losing hunting firearms. What we're in eminent danger of losing is habitat, our own and that of the game we love. In my hunting lifetime, I've seen major declines in fish, birds, and big game though the latter are doing well here now. Access to hunt is in steep decline, much of it due to declines in agricultural landowners being replaced by hobby ranchers and summer people who want to own five acres of prime winter range. On the whole, I'm fed up with dog-eat-dog, hatred- based politics, and the main source of that has just announced his 2024 run. The Dems don't do everything right, but they do try to address the big issues instead of pretending things ought to go on as if this were still 1950.

Bill Ferguson
rocky mtn bill #622186 11/17/22 03:14 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I sincerely hope Dave Weber does not delete this Off-Topic Political Thread, or ditch my post. There is a very important lesson for Gun Owners who frequent this, and other firearms websites.

When a devout Liberal Left activist like rocky mtn bill makes a post praising any so-called Republican or Conservative, then you'd better do some Fact-Checking, because you can bet your best double gun that it is dishonest and disingenuous at best.

Don't take my word for it, or his either. Do some searching yourself, and you will see that Michael Gerson has spent several years repeatedly denouncing and attempting to undermine Donald Trump, and the entire MAGA Movement. He has told outright lies about Trump, and about many of us here. He has accused Trump and his supporters of pernicious and persistent racism and bigotry. He has claimed that Trump's only goal was to destroy the entire Republican Party in order to satisfy some sick and selfish needs. Take a look at how this RINO Gerson has misrepresented Trumps phone call to Ukraine President Zelensky, and argues that it was grounds for Impeachment Circus #1--

https://www.dailyherald.com/discuss/20190927/the-process-of-impeachment-is-now-inevitable

Those of us who have eyes to see, and who do not have our heads firmly planted up our ass know better. We took a leap of faith and elected Trump, and most were not disappointed. He did something politicians rarely do. He kept most of his campaign promises.

Trump kept inflation very low. He kept energy prices historically low, and made the U.S. Energy Independent, unlike the total disaster Biden, who is sucking the Strategic Oil Reserve dry. He renegotiated unfair Foreign Trade Deals, and brought a lot of Industrial Production back to the U.S. by lowering taxes and regulations that drove jobs away. He kept our Southern Border secure. He got NATO countries to start paying more of the enormous defense costs they were dumping on the U.S. He kept Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, and our other geopolitical adversaries in check, and kept us out of costly and deadly wars. He increased wages and minority employment. He did all this and much more in only four years. And he did it all while under constant and withering attacks from Liberal Democrats and the Liberal Left Press. This does not sound like a self-absorbed man who set out to destroy the nation and the Republican Party.

Very important to most of us here, but not at all to rocky mtn bill and the other Liberals who support anti-gun Democrats... Trump actually respected and protected our 2nd Amendment Gun Rights, and supported our NRA. Trump gave us THREE pro 2nd Amendment Supreme Court Justices, while Biden and his predecessor Obama gave us THREE anti-gunners who lied about their respect for the Gun Rights of law abiding citizens. That is the only reason our Gun Rights are not in imminent danger right now.... No thanks to Billy and other gunowners who vote Democrat.

This is not the first time that rocky mtn bill and other Liberal Left Democrats have attempted to mislead us. Billy bashed Trump literally dozens of times here, and told us how bad for the nation he was. He said the same about every Republican President for as long as I have been here. He joined his Liberal Left Brethren in telling us how they were nothing but evil racists who were hell-bent on destroying the environment and stealing our Social Security and retirements. Funny we don't hear them now... since Biden/Democrat policies have gutted over 20% on average from 401-K's, and the dollars we have left are worth less and less every day as costs continue to rise.

I am surprised that John Roberts has attempted to reason with Billy. I gave up on that long ago, and just throw the Bullshit Flag when I see him drop a steaming pile:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

2 members like this: John Roberts, mc
rocky mtn bill #622197 11/17/22 06:18 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

What I thought…
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
rocky mtn bill #622204 11/17/22 08:08 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

ditto

1 member likes this: John Roberts
John Roberts #622210 11/17/22 11:07 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
There are many times more conservative voices out there for morality and sanity than liberal ones.
JR

Bloody shame more of them didn’t run for office in that last election.

Been reading some of that chap’s stuff. Interesting.

Any links to articles where he excoriates the wack-o left?

John Roberts #622222 11/18/22 08:30 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Noted. So am I a Christian. But can you explain why you are not a conservative? Most gun owners and Second Amendment supporters are. What is so attractive about liberal thought and causes that enamor you? There are many times more conservative voices out there for morality and sanity than liberal ones.
JR

Thank you for asking John. I do not want to answer for Bill, and I think I would rather wait a minute before answering myself, ere I draw the wrath of the board, but were he or I or the few others to politely offer an answer, do you think that could be done without devolving into a fight?

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
1 member likes this: SKB
nca225 #622225 11/18/22 09:14 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by nca225
JR

Thank you for asking John. I do not want to answer for Bill, and I think I would rather wait a minute before answering myself, ere I draw the wrath of the board, but were he or I or the few others to politely offer an answer, do you think that could be done without devolving into a fight?

I’ve been in a fight. Nothing that happens here, is a fight.

Give it your best shot, Chris. I am woefully unskilled at Christianity, but, would be interested, as a layman, in someone articulating Christ’s teaching and how that compares favorably to leftist dogma. I doubt the man for the task will be found here, but, take a shot at it.

Best,
Ted

2 members like this: John Roberts, keith
nca225 #622229 11/18/22 09:32 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by nca225
JR

....I or the few others to politely offer an answer, do you think that could be done without devolving into a fight?
Please do, but do your part to minimize the devolving. Consider factual comments that are in context with those you vote for, their actual policies, and their real world results, and not faux decorum?

3 members like this: John Roberts, Stanton Hillis, keith
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.