April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, Lloyd3, Jeremy Pearce, gunmaker, rtw, 1 invisible), 898 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,819
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
TDH Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thank you all. Any recommendations for best venue to offer this shotgun up for sale much appreciated. So far I'm waiting to hear from RockIslandAuction.com to see what value a quality firearms auction house might appraise it at. Of course it all depends on the market and the day. But we welcome any other thoughts or recommendations for the best way to sell it. As you probably already would have surmised, we are not licensed to deal in firearms. Thanks, TimH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Please post when and where you do eventually list, it would be interesting to see how much she sells for. I’m not a bidder on this one but if it was a16ga with 2 triggers I probably would.The added carving really isn’t that bad on this one after looking at his others. My guess( after buying 8 German guns in the last 3 years online) would be 6k. Good Luck and thanks for sharing, as always here I learned a few things from your post/thread.

Last edited by Jtplumb; 11/10/22 10:09 AM.
1 member likes this: TDH
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, info does suggest, suggest mind you, that Fast Freddy Adolph was indeed a >>Büchsenmachermeister<< or a Master Mechanic Gunsmith with a Sheepskin stating such. Too, there was a Master Mechanic Gunsmith Gustav Adolph in Zella Sankt Blasii - Mehlis, who was mainly a target arms fella, but he could have well been the contact for ole Fast Freddy Adolph and would explain just why Fast Freddy Adolph's wares had a Z-M flare?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

How much is it worth ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Whatever it will realize @ auction.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

1 member likes this: mc
TDH Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Follow Up:
We thought those of you who contributed to the discussion and research on this Fred Adolph 20 gauge would be interested to know that this gun and case will be presented for sale in Rock Island Auction's Premier
Firearms Auction on August 27, 2023. Here is a link to the listing:

https://www.rockislandauction.com/d...-20-gauge-boxlock-double-barrel-shotgun.

The pre-auction estimate range seems consistent with the valuations discussed on this thread (of course without the benefit of actual physical inspection). They provide an in-depth description in the auction catalog.

Thank you all again for your kind assistance and contribution to our research on this family heirloom. Let's see how it does on the day.

Cheers,
Tim and Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

Unfortunately, RIA did no favors for the owner in providing their characteristic dark, hard to access and "few" pictures on their auction site. I would have a hard time bidding on an expensive gun at Rock Island unless I were there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by eightbore
Unfortunately, RIA did no favors for the owner in providing their characteristic dark, hard to access and "few" pictures on their auction site. I would have a hard time bidding on an expensive gun at Rock Island unless I were there.

They will, of course, sent you all the pics you want, if you ask. Their descriptions tend to be sparse and they are prone to "overlooking" details you would want to know about.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

It makes me sad to see a gun pass out of the family, a generation or two from now someone will be very sad to have lost it. While a piece of gun making art, it is more than that, when one’s ancestors are connected to it as your gun has been, when I use my grandfather’s deer rifle or .22 lever action I am shooting with him.

I realize that I have profited by being able to buy guns like what I described, but it still is with some remorse for those who lost out on the connection.

PS looking at the above “...never pay Dave "one more dime" drove me to make yet another donation

Last edited by old colonel; 07/26/23 08:16 AM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
TDH Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

In the spirit of following through on this thread, here is the link to the now active live auction in which the Fred Adolph gun is scheduled to go on the block in the next hour or two.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/live/

It will be LOT 3429. We’ll soon get an idea of the market value. Thanks for all your help. TDH

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.