March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (SKB, FlyChamps, cpa, Dan S. W., Ken Nelson, 1 invisible), 807 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Interesting, I would have thought this gun was ~20 years younger! No doubt it will get more use with the open chokes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gene,
I’m not the French language expert, but, I believe it refers to the latest draft or version. There were several V patents and some of them were produced concurrently. Fabs term makes sense when considered in that light. I think it can also refer to grinding, as in a production setting.

I’ll put this caveat out out there again, for what seems like the millionth time-if that Darne was built for export, the chart means literally nothing. I am also a bit spooked by the U prefix not appearing anywhere else the serial number appears on the gun. Not that it detracts from the quality or beauty of this particular V20, but, that it leads to a question of why it might be misnumbered?
Lunch box gun, built many years after the markings went on the flats? A gun that had the barrels replaced?

I know of a few “fast ones” pulled by the last production team in regards to grades of old guns, but, I really don’t believe this was common practice at all through many years of production.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, I like the idea that "mouture" refers to "version." I'll ask wife tomorrow...but this has to be done delicately...maybe hot chocolate or something..because she's fed up with my SxS shotguns.

I also noted that the "U" didn't seem to match the other stamps. Saint-Etienne is a never ending source of investigation. Here is where we need Wildcattle back.

Pour FAB: Pourriez-vous s'il vous plaît expliquer le terme français "mouture". Nous sommes confus.

Last edited by Argo44; 10/03/22 10:52 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Salut Argo,

Pas très malin de ma part d'avoir utilisé ce mot sur ce forum.
Effectivement, on peut remplacer le mot "mouture" par le mot "version".
En espérant avoir posté avant ton réveil. 😁

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

So sorry gents, once again my memory fails me. There is a 'U' stamp on the action flat.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I find Darne actions so interesting, unfortunately I need to limit my gun acquisition disease.

They are tempting.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

A small 16 or 20 bore should fit into anybody's gun rack. My problem is not want or even money but I am lacking a real need. No quail tends to hurt my real or potential needs. Quail ought to make a comeback to help me out in my hour of need. Heck I’d be happy to just hear a quail calling every evening just before lights out like I did in my youth.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KY Jon
A small 16 or 20 bore should fit into anybody's gun rack. My problem is not want or even money but I am lacking a real need. No quail tends to hurt my real or potential needs. Quail ought to make a comeback to help me out in my hour of need. Heck I’d be happy to just hear a quail calling every evening just before lights out like I did in my youth.

None of this is about “need”. I believe it was our own Chuck, who opined that once you have driven past a KFC, there is no legitimate reason to continue on to a bird hunting expedition.

I should really watch for a 16 gauge Darne. I have a 28, a 20, and a 12 at the moment, but, have never owned a 16 gauge Darne.

Need. Are you kidding me?

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: GLS
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.