March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 829 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
2 hours ago
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24
Sidelock
Sidelock

Another succesfull chance with my lovely 28 ga single barrel!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil šŸŒæšŸ“Æ
8 members like this: Stanton Hillis, GLS, steve voss, bbman3, liverwort, Tim Cartmell
Sidelock
Sidelock

With a name like the ā€œSnipe Lodgeā€ I thought you might be based in Ireland until I saw your reference to Cottonmouths and gators.

I know St. Patrick banished all snakes from Ireland, but I am not sure if that still holds good given the apparent willingness of snake enthusiasts to abandon Burmese Pythons and the like in the wild if they become inconvenient. I see that one ate a gator recently in Florida.

1 member likes this: Snipe Hunter
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mid November Chukar hunt.

Classic Chukar country:

Itā€™s very hard to capture the sheer magnitude of the country and the size of the features in a photo. Photos just donā€™t do it justice. To try and put things into perspectiveā€¦..most of the rock features on this mountain face are easily 4 to 6 stories tall.

The ridge of another mountain..

Sometimes you come over a ridge and a local resident might be staring you downā€¦.

A couple of good setters doing what they do, finding, pointing, backing, repeatā€¦

The morning walk bag & Winchester model 12, 16 gauge, circa 1926

12 members like this: Snipe Hunter, Birdog, GLS, John Roberts, Ted Schefelbein, Imperdix
Sidelock
Sidelock

November western mountain duck hunting. Canā€™t beat the scenery. I still miss hunting Nebraska marshes & rivers though. Iā€™ll always have a soft spot for the Midwest central flyway.
Unbelievably, these pics were shot within an hour of one anotherā€¦.the morning rain, snow & sleet was nowhere in the forecast, but it sure got the ducks moving. A mix bag of Gaddys, Widgeon and some divers (ring necks).
No gun pic here, I didnā€™t want anyone to puke in their mouths. Nobody needs or wants to see a clapped out Winny Super X2 that looks like it hitched a ride on the outside of a submarine. šŸ˜‚

12 members like this: Birdog, DoubleTake, GLS, MattH, John Roberts, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Some beautiful photos and scenery!

2 members like this: LeFusil, Imperdix
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dustin, your pics are always top drawer, and much appreciated. Just breathtaking.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: LeFusil
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Parabola
Not sure what I am seeing here.

Is that the top of a drilling or a side by side with a back sight.

And is that an opening or selector lever way over to the left?

Apologies. Its a drilling, The top lever acts as a selector for the rifle barrel firing pin and raises the rear sight. This hunt was a dryhole but on my last trip down I shot a medium doe. Geoegia has small deer generally.

Originally Posted by 67galaxie
I think its a drilling with the lever cocked over like that. Sorry about the family farm journeyman. Hunt the hell out of it while you can

I'm going to try and capture a good nunber of the fish from both ponds while I can. My inlaws have a small farm pond that I would love to transplant with these redeared sunfish.

1 member likes this: Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

A few pics from this week's hunting so far. Today was good. Shot my limit of three on 3 shells. Ammo conservation in these trying times is appreciated.

From Monday, just one bird with the little Cashmore Paragon.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
A better picture

From today. That's a "new" Rigby that my hunting partner picked up last weekend in Tulsa. Nice gun, but the stock is a mile long (15.5") and short in the drop.
The little Cashmore did the heavy lifting and accounted for 3 of the 4.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

6 members like this: Mills, Snipe Hunter, Tim Cartmell, liverwort, DoubleTake, Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Shooting the birds this morning might have been easier than getting all of them to sit on the fence rail in a twenty-five mph wind long enough for me to get a picture.

[Linked Image from thesnipe.startlogic.com]

Last edited by Snipe Hunter; 11/17/22 02:48 PM.
4 members like this: liverwort, Parabola, BrentD, Prof, Mills
Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Waterfowl season ended abruptly across most of the state last weekend with a big snowstorm followed by below zero temperatures. Some places got 20".

Page 15 of 24 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.