March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gunning Bird, L. Brown), 864 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had two of my girls (dove guns) "sorted out" by the late Jim Kelly, since last season ......... my 16 ga. LC Smith FWE with 32" barrels (Susie) and my Parker DHE 16/20 two gauge gun with 32" barrels (Maddie). Both needed minor, but important, maintenance. Now, I can enjoy being with them in the later two seasons. I dearly love them both, and am anxious to take them afield again.

Susie.........

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

And Maddie..........

Susie's the kind of good lookin' country gal that will be ready to ride the dirt roads with you to have fun in the field, anytime, rain or shine. Madeline is a bit more classy, is comfortable in refined company, but will deliver the goods anytime required.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
2 members like this: Mills, spring
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

In California I think,you can only shoot collared doves in the regular season but there is no limit and I could be wrong so check the new regs

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Do you have to use steel shot in California?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by eeb
Do you have to use steel shot in California?

No, as I understand it. You just cannot use lead. There are other options besides steel.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

No tox shot like Stan said but with California who knows what's acceptable.i don't hunt or live there anymore thank God

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, as I understand it. You just cannot use lead. There are other options besides steel.

True, but the other options are too expensive to be practical, except for maybe the once-a-year hunters. The non-lead requirement was phased in over a few years, and when the stuff finally hit the fan a few years ago, Yuma was overrun with CA "hunters," many of whom were and are just shooters. The situation is further complicated by the current ammo availability problems, and because one can no longer buy ammo online and have it shipped to home in CA. It has to go to an FFL, who has to do a background check (for a fee), and then transfer the ammo to the purchaser. If one is not in the "DOJ system," the cost of the background check is $19 and the check is not instant. You might have to come back in a week or two to pick up your ammo. Purchasers are regularly declined for no apparent reason, and it is impossible to get any details from CA DOJ. There are numerous reports of on-duty police officers, in uniform and wearing their duty weapon, being declined by the DOJ instant check, no reason given. One of my friends was buying ammo just last week, and the cop in front of him in line was declined. Oh yeah, at most stores you get to take a number and wait in line for an hour or more to buy ammo because it now has to be kept behind the counter where you can't get at it until there is staff available to "help" you. The situation sucks, the CA government sucks, and that is part of why AZ is overrun with CA hunters. AZ is simple, just buy some lead loads and go hunt. But if you have AZ ammo left at the end of your hunt, you can't legally bring it back into CA if you are a CA resident. The state government is out of control.

1 member likes this: mc
Boxlock
Boxlock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
I had two of my girls (dove guns) "sorted out" by the late Jim Kelly, since last season .........

I had not heard that Jim passed and even stranger, his wife passed less than 2 weeks prior...In his honor I will be taking my Jansen & Son little 20ga SxS that Jim tuned up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Parker Trojan 12 gauge that came to me from two old family friends. It will go on the opening hunt. Just got a second invitation and I have a brand new to me Parker VH 16 which will accompany me on that one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm still waiting on my invitation, hint hint

Mike Proctor
1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
I had two of my girls (dove guns) "sorted out" by the late Jim Kelly, since last season ......... my 16 ga. LC Smith FWE with 32" barrels (Susie) and my Parker DHE 16/20 two gauge gun with 32" barrels (Maddie). Both needed minor, but important, maintenance. Now, I can enjoy being with them in the later two seasons. I dearly love them both, and am anxious to take them afield again.

Susie.........

And Maddie..........

Susie's the kind of good lookin' country gal that will be ready to ride the dirt roads with you to have fun in the field, anytime, rain or shine. Madeline is a bit more classy, is comfortable in refined company, but will deliver the goods anytime required.
I well remember when you bought that 32" 16 ga. Elsie at the Fall Southern SxS years ago, Stan. Long-range puffer.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 08/19/22 07:51 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.