March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (bigblock, Borderbill, NCTarheel, SKB, docbill, battle), 866 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,019
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

anybody else been having trouble with gunbroker lately? locked my account, said something about possibly compromised. I've sent about a dozen requests through the email system to get it reactivated and get no response. there is apparently no phone number associated with gunbroker to call anybody. tried creating a new account about half dozen times with new email addresses and a phone # i've never used before with them. Always fails the email address as being undeliverable (they aren't - they all work fine).

Today i did get one email for ever one i sent asking if i was happy with my customer service response, which i'm not and replied appropriately to each email. the last thing i sold, the buyer refuses to pay because gunbroker told him not to. he's concerned. I've got 737 feedbacks all A+ but for 2 A's. He's got exactly one and he's worried about me.

Roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunbroker is a con, just like Ebay, Craig's ;ist, etc: Two examples for me with those scammers- Understand that I will NOT pay with any Pay Pal or credit card-if that makes me a dinosaur, so be it. E-Bay- about 5 years ago I bought from a nice lady in SC- a State known for its nice ladies, IMO a used Stihl O28 Super chain saw with 18" bar, for use at our deer camp. She said I could pay by USPS money order, which I did, and when she received that, she called me to give me the shipping details, 5 days later, it arrived- 100% fine- stihl have it, runs great- But since then, because I did n't use their fricking Pal Pal, I can't bid on used gun parts, or anything else, on E-Bay, as they show that I never paid for it. I even mailed those idiots a Zeroxed copy of the USPS money order, and the nice lady from whom I bought the saw tried telling them I had, indeed, paid for her saw- FUBAR. Craig's list- about 6 years ago, I listed a 1950's Kiekhaefer Mercury 5 horse outboard, which came the other boat house items in the cottage we bought here in MI-- I already had a 6hp Johnson, a later model with remote tank and gear shift, so I listed the Merc 5 hp. on Craig's list at $100- cash, buyer picks it up. Bingo-next day a get a cell phone call, gent said he wanted that, would buy it at my price, sight unseen. He was going to send me a Cashier's check for $100.00 with an address, I was supposed to deposit the Cashier's check right away into my checking account, and send my personal check for $25.00 to some Mutt&Jeff storage Co., and they would send 2 guys to my residence to pick up the motor on behalf of the buyer-- Right- boy howdy, I saw through that scam right away. I told him "No Deal"RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for you input, i'll take it under advisement. I've been on gunbroker 16 years now and have had great experiences but for maybe one buyer out of every 50 and no problems with sellers.

I take it you had nothing at all useful to contribute to my question.

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Every time I log in to Gubnbroker they ask me to change my password and I keep ignoring it. Perhaps that will induce some problems but thinking up passwords is bothersome. Almost as bothersome as coming up with user names. Liverwort.

1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
rwmckee Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That's exactly when my problem started - a prompt that i'd used the same password for so long I had to change it. sounded like a demand so i did. from that moment on, my account has been deactivated. so, if i were you, i'd leave well enough alone.

Roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can’t help you but I had the exact same circle jerk regarding passwords with Photobucket. Locking me out of my account and no way to contact a live human to resolve it. This happened at the same time they were adding, then jacking up fees. Took me a while to figure out how to end the payment authorization when I couldn’t access my account, short of cancelling my card.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is a tech support issue. The systems have become so automated that the filters seem to pop and lock people out all the time. I am having it with banks, power companies, insurance companies and several other services that I pay for online. Checks are just about dead for many transactions these days as everybody want them online for faster funds transfer. I have set up special accounts, with limited funds, to try to limit possible fraud losses. When I have a tech problem, getting to talk to a real person is just about possible and their poor help is maddening. Worse they track password use and seem to be upset that I use the same password for multiple things and demand I change it. I must have 50 different online sites I need a password for and have no intention of having a separate, unique password for each of them. I have two basic passwords which consist of four number, four letter, a combination of upper and lower case letter and two special characters. What they are starting to push is a special password management site to manage all your passwords with some encryption to safeguard them. But so far their security has been very suspect shall we say. I refuse to give anybody access and ability to control all my computer transactions and even pay them for doing it.

The worst one I deal with is my power company which locks me out of my account every time try to log in to pay the bill and demands I reset it. So to appease them I have a single password that I alter every month to keep ahead of them. Right now I am on version 63, I looked at the last two numbers, as every time I add one more to the total, to get around their automated system. Forget about getting a real person, one the phone to deal with this. I have a software system I need to use daily at work which requires a new, and totally different password every 30 days, or I get locked out for two to three days while the system resets.

I have had several problems with GunBroker and never had any positive help from them. They only seem interested in taking their % and doing as little as possible for it. I ended up using a credit card company and a Postal Inspector to get help instead. One dealer lost his FFL and the second got banned from the credit card company transactions because he was committing fraud. GunBroker was no help in either case, so not surprised they still are not. Worse I am afraid the credit card companies will be less helpful in the future as they become more anti-gun and woke in nature.

1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've never visited Gunbroker, nor do I intend to. The only things I've seen there were from links posted here regarding some typical odd-duck gun. Why anyone bothers with them is a testament to desperation for a bargain, or to sell something better sold elsewhere.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 08/07/22 10:48 AM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
I've never visited Gunbroker, nor do I intend to. The only things I've seen there were from links posted here regarding some typical odd-duck gun. Why anyone bothers with them is a testament to desperation for a bargain, or to sell something better sold elsewhere.
JR

If you've never visited, how would you know?

It has worked perfectly for me. Both buying and selling.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

have been buying and selling on gb for about 20 years now...it has been a good place to do business...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.