April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Lloyd3, Mark II, J.B.Patton, eeb, 12boreman), 1,067 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,434
Posts544,719
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

It was with blissful ignorance that I checked the mailbox yesterday. Sad news for sure. I have previously daydreamed of a retirement plan that was continuing this publication, but I have no illusion that it was not lots of hard work and dedication and not a hobby! What an amazing piece it is!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Mills
Got my letter today. Had a small credit so spent it on one of the DVD’s. I have the Parkers at the End of the Rainbow and recommend that one highly. I got the British guns so look forward to watching.

They say they are going to do some books on double guns and I hope that comes to fruition. Hate to say I am not holding my breath

Where can one order the dvds?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you can order DVDs or any other products from older issues of DGJ.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you got the notice, there is a list of stuff you can order and the DVDs are there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mills, I think there are more things you can order in addition to the items mentioned in the "letter". Maybe the "letter" only includes the items you can pay for with your credit.

CJF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nothing unique to add here, but posting just in case Dan stops by to read as I want him to know how much I've valued the DGJ over the past 30 years. Back then I was young and our kids were little and there was little to no money for magazines, let alone nice doubles. But I bought the DGJ because it was truly different than the run of the mill gun magazines, which were (are?) just advertisements for boring stuff. Thank you for all the beautiful issues!

Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is there any magazine that comes anywhere near a replacement? If not, I think it is this Forum.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm going to miss the DGJ very much and am taking a moment to include a letter in the return mailing to the Cotes telling them how much pleasure I experienced in the 33 odd years of subscribing to their quarterly. It is frequently one of the brightest highlights of my reading experience and I looked forward to receiving the latest issue with great anticipation, particularly when the reports came in from those who received their copies earlier than I received mine. I guess I'm just going to have to start over with Volume 1, Issue 1 and work my way through them again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought a few of them over the years on the new stands and enjoyed them but got my nose out of joint when I tried to subscribe ten years ago. My payment was processed but I never received a magazine. A dozen emails went without reply. I gave up and never bought or read another.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by marty weatherup
I bought a few of them over the years on the new stands and enjoyed them but got my nose out of joint when I tried to subscribe ten years ago. My payment was processed but I never received a magazine. A dozen emails went without reply. I gave up and never bought or read another.

That’s really too bad. I’m not discounting your experience. I’ll just say I always had the best service from them. Subscribing, ordering back issues and slipcovers and any other contact I had with them.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.