Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#616183 06/28/22 01:49 AM
Tom28ga Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

WARNING: There are several websites that are "selling" reloading supplies online that are scams. The site I was on turned out to not exist. I sensed something wrong when I ordered powder from: https://handloadingsupply.com/. I placed my order
and am now out several hundred dollars.
Rule of thumb: If they don't take credit cards, they are a scam!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Did you run the ffl or address?

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry for your loss. Online, I always contact them by email or better yet by phone. Ask them if they are hazmat approved shipper. If they are not that’s a red flag. Then ask them for their number. If they are bs you write it down and have them repeat it. Easy to find a scammer. Get a physical address and do a google map search and look at the address they give you. And as you now know use credit cards only.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tom:

Is there more to the story. Have you left anything out. He has an ffl and registered as a legal business with the secretary of the state. I would not think you would go to all that trouble if you were trying to running a scam

What the details of the transaction.

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Clearly a scam. Look them up online and multiple reports of scamming. First hint should have been they have absolutely everything in stock for immediate delivery. Nobody has that these days. Then the want payment like Zelle or PayPal which are almost impossible to reverse. Did a google map search and it looks like a addition on the side of a house is claimed as their location. But the numbers for address do not correlate to houses around them. Do they hacked Google maps. I found 92. Reports of scam alerts. Did a FFL search and nothing like their number came up in Yuma. Bad news all around.

Sidelock
Sidelock

KYjoh

I was able to match the ffl and the address. They do have a valid ffl.

He has an ffl and registered as a legal business with the secretary of the state

John

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes I don’t doubt that but the same name was used for another scam dealer listed in Westmoreland KS. What the scammer is doing is stealing real information and pretending it is his information. That address came up with a tree covered end of somebody’s house, not a legit business. Trapshooter.com had a list of scam sellers on it some time ago. There were dozens of them. All with hard to find stuff at reasonable prices.

The truth is nobody has 10% of the reloading stuff he claims to have on hand. When you get a business, that who does not accept credit cards, but insists on Zelle, PayPal and other direct transfer money systems only be very cautious. Charging it back is not a safe option and money transferred is gone with little hope of return.

Last edited by KY Jon; 06/29/22 09:29 AM.
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple of months ago I was looking for powder and found a number of sites which claimed to have just about everything in stock. Then I noticed that all wanted payment via Zelle. I researched a little further and found that just about any site demanding payment via a person-to-person money transfer app is fraudulent, and that you have no recourse once they have your money.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It’s a bit of a headache to do but scammers are everywhere. I don’t even use my regular credit card for net purchases. I use a prepaid card I load with the amount I’m going to spend on that purchase. So any funny business over the agreed amount just doesn’t happen.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven’t had any problems getting funds back from pay pal for purchases that were scams. File report, hit send, money is usually back on the card within the hour. Only had a couple experiences, but, they were excellent.
I know nothing about Zelle, save people who advertise stuff on Craig’s List seem to like it.

Best,
Ted

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.