March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
11 members (cable, craigd, battle, AZMike, FlyChamps, Hammergun, 1 invisible), 378 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,008
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dr. P Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am visiting my son in Minneapolis and he had a fore end lug fall out of his sleeeved Midland SLE shooting sporting clays with me today. He already has a small collection of vintage SxSs but someday will inherit a much larger collection.

Is there a good local Minneapolis (or environs) gunsmith he could build a relationship with without having to ship these old guns out for repairs? He is more than willing to drive a couple of hours or so out of central Minneapolis.

Boxlock
Boxlock

You might drop this ‘smith an email. He’s in the Central WI area a few hours east on 29.

No personal experience yet. He was recommended to me on this forum.

https://www.mbabllc.com/page/page/7927803.htm

Last edited by Entropy; 06/06/22 03:09 PM.
Dr. P Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Good suggestion but website says they are not currently taking new work. Any other ideas out there?

Boxlock
Boxlock

It still might be worth an email inquiry tho...

Also might try Track of the Wolf up in Elk River. They are more BP oriented however they might have a reference for you. The sportsman’s club up there has some unique events, including one of the few officially sanctioned Swiss Rifle matches here in the US. It’s an eclectic crowd I hear.

I’ll keep me ear peeled. I have family up there as well.

Last edited by Entropy; 06/06/22 05:27 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A lot of people seem to like mark. I don’t. Always has been rude and a jerk whether asking about smithing or guns for sale I don’t bother anymore and I live in Wisconsin

1 member likes this: keith
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark is matter of fact not rude I have known him for a long time he's a busy guy,

Sidelock
Sidelock

Heard good things about this guy. Never used him:

http://www.odenthalgunsmithing.com/

Fred Ardoff is at Capras, in Blaine, right down the street from me. Same deal, never used him, but, people have and got good service.

tel:612-281-9550

I’ve heard some people bltching about Ahlman’s Custom Gun, in Morristown, MN, of late, but, I have had excellent results, just not of late. Google them

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: Dr. P
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
Mark is matter of fact not rude I have known him for a long time he's a busy guy,

Busy or not , when I asked him to inspect a gun for me and then be my gunsmith he was rude. There was no explanation that he wasn’t taking new clients. That would have been fine. His response was basically to take a blanking hike I was surprised at how unprofessional he handled it

Sidelock
Sidelock

That’s not the Mark I know. He’s always been fair and good-humored around me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by DoubleTake
That’s not the Mark I know. He’s always been fair and good-humored around me.

If you mention the free advertising of his business that he does in his tagline here, the "good-humor" man will get pretty pissed at you right quick.

We are not supposed to notice those who sell services and things here by advertising in their taglines.... thus circumventing the usual For Sale forum, and the obligation to pay Dave Weber the $12.00 fee that is requested on the "honor system".

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.