March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Marshgrass, Roundsworth, gasgunner, R. Glenz, Lloyd3, Wild Skies), 837 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,017
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

You cannot have large commercial shoots without a market for shot game.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys need to think in Jurassic terms. That period lasted about 145 million years, and, even if there were plastics in use at that time, they wouldn’t be here, now.

The wads, the shot, the empty hulls, whatever, are all just other ideas to legislate us out of existence. At the end of the day, it matters not how long the wad lays on the ground, or if an alternative exists. That isn’t the point.

Best,
Ted

4 members like this: John Roberts, craigd, Imperdix, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
At the end of the day, it matters not how long the wad lays on the ground, or if an alternative exists. That isn’t the point.

Amen. I farm for a living and the land, and it's health, is super important to me. I go to great lengths to protect it and nurture it. Because, it sustains me and supports me, and I want to be good steward. But, plastic wads and shotgun hulls are the least of my worries. There must be thousands in my fields, mostly below the surface now, from dove shoots, that are in varying states of deterioration. It doesn't bother me in the least.

Plastic hulls deteriorate, when exposed to UV rays, much faster than most think.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
2 members like this: craigd, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by eeb
All that is a crying shame. Sounds like BASC has an agenda that does not include it’s members. Follow the money.

Turkeys voting for Christmas .......they have achieved nothing of any real good for shooting in decades .
When we`ve been legislated out of existense ,they will just move to another trough elsewhere.

1 member likes this: greener4me
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds like California??

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

I seem to recall an explanation concerning fiber wads on large commercial shoots. Worries about the sheep eating the wads. As for the hulls, the guns were asked to pick them up at the places where I've shot.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Downrange Wads have had biodegradable wads for sale for quite awhile. I've never used them but I would like to hear from someone who has. If they work as well as regular plastic they could be a viable alternative. http://www.downrangemfg.com/index.php/by-series/oxo-bio. Like everything else at this time I don't know about the actual availability.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You are correct. Cattle eat them too.
They are indigestible, and they was up into a big nasty plastic gob in the animals guts. I’ve seen many pictures of them.

Lead brings more subtle problems to the mix.

The bottom line, is the bottom line.

The public won’t allow for the burying of end loader buckets full of dead game, and the marketplace that consumes it won’t buy it if it was shot with lead.

So other than for casual shooters, what are they supposed to do?
Obviously, scale down the shooting volume, and totally upend an entire industry. And all the estates that support it, and all the people that work in it, and all the communities that depend on it.

Out there doing it best I can.
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Trade the Purdey for a Beretta

Sidelock
Sidelock

I fully agree that all shot game should enter the food chain and if commercial shoots can't sell it to game dealers as their customers won't buy it if shot with lead then the shoot, if it wants to carry on, has to adapt. I personally don't really go in for shooting driven game as it's just like shooting clays with feathers on. I much prefer to work for my shooting and involve the dogs and fieldcraft such as flighting ducks and geese and shooting wood pigeon. Each to his own I suppose. But I would still like the option to shoot food I consume with lead if I wish as the impact on the environment by so doing is negligible.

I fully support not leaving empty fired plastic cases lying around and always, always pick them up and always have done and always will. Untidy antisocial habit to leave litter about. Lagopus.....

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.