March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (canvasback, Ken Nelson, Dan S. W., Marc Ret, SKB, 1 invisible), 799 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am to the point that I do not travel without protection in my vehicle. Most trips are from Mississippi into Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, or Tennessee. I never check on reciprocity, trust Jesus, and hope for the best. Always carry my piece into my hotel room. Well, almost always. What do you all do?
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I always carry in my car and bring it with me to the motel room. Discretion is the name of the game. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Have a TX CHL. Travel from TX to MI a couple of times a year and out to AZ and NV. I always check reciprocity and avoid IL. Also fly to MA to hunt grouse in NH. I shipped and left a handgun at my cousins so I can carry there and avoid a handgun in the MA airport.

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Yep I keep mine in glove box or hotel/condo where ever I go. Just don’t forget about it if visiting a military base, that can be a real problem! Not a fun time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is a pretty big movement currently for "permit less carry", but I still keep a concealed carry permit to prevent misunderstandings. For a while, dealers were allowed to cite a valid "carry permit" as proof of background check. Unfortunately, dealers have been advised not to accept them in lieu of a background check any longer, but a valid permit can only help even if not technically required.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Der Ami
For a while, dealers were allowed to cite a valid "carry permit" as proof of background check. Mike

It depends on the state issuing the "carry permit" plus the "carry permit" will only replace the NICS background check in the state of issuance. Your location shows Alabama and Alabama permits are not a qualifying permit and out-of-state permits (even if qualifying in their state of issue) cannot replace a NICS background check.

BATF Permit Chart

1 member likes this: mc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Canada really, really doesn't like it if you decide to carry a handgun into their country. I live in GA so surrounding States seem cool with it...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I carry here and in Wisconsin. I’d go to more states, but, the scamdemic made travel more difficult. Reciprocity between WI and MN. We are in WI pretty frequently.

Every day, Canada becomes less likely as a destination for me, which, is not to say it was on my radar for the last decade, anyway. You can put Australia on that short list, also.

Hope they are thrilled with the actions they posed upon their subjects the past two years, and the subjects feel the same. The coherent rest of the free world was sickened and disgusted.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I carry, period. If I could carry my SXP discreetly I would.

eeb nailed it.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

FlyChamps,
I wasn't very clear, I was only referring to Alabama dealers.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.