March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 876 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I restored a mod 12 and a Mod 25. Made the 25 a 20" riot gun that is now the house gun. Both guns were rusty and missing parts. The 25 has a flat sided receiver so I had a machinist buddy surface grind the pits out on the flats. I sandblasted both with a fine sand necessary for parkerizing. I parkerized both with zinc phosphate from Brownells that comes out gray. Rubbing it down with cosmoline gives it that military green look. Both guns turned out really sharp looking and the finish is very durable. If yours is pitted you might consider that treatment over blue as no polishing is involved. Don't sandblast any surface that slides against other metal like inside the receiver. When you first reassemble the gun it has to be worked to wear in since that finish is not very smooth. At first it works hard but it smooths up nicely after a bit.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well done. Put back to good working condition and I bet that gun sees a lot of use. Not every gun needs, or should have, a full restoration.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I like the Model 25-- Son-in-law has a 12 ga. 28" full choke barrel M25 his father bought new in the post-Korean War era-- still shoots like downtown-- but like the M12 Featherweight, never sold like either the std. M12 or even the M97 did-- I found an original Riot version- 20" plain barrel cyl. bore at a gun show about 10 years ago-90%- very little wear on the bolt (the metal you can see when the gun is closed-on the ejection port side of the bolt)-- and I bought it- for a home defense SHIF scenario-- I grew up shooting Model 12's, so it was the right choice. Never yet have had to use it, but for that matter, never have had to use the fire extinguishers I have ready, or flashlights-- Lord Baden Powell would approve-- "Be Prepared" is as valid as: "No rattle-No shine" is, IMO!!RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Picked up that MEC loader for the 2 1/2-inch shells today. Walked in on my buddy's wife watching Ukraine getting run over by the Russians on TV. I've tried to ignore all the bad crap happening in the world for the last year, but there was no ignoring this. A friendly western democracy being run over by the commies and we're allowing it, after promising them we wouldn't let it happen when we took all their nukes for safekeeping. Made me sick to my stomach to watch it. I hope NATO is ready because Putin won't likely stop here. Belarus is all done now as well.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 02/24/22 09:26 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.