March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Lloyd3, Wild Skies), 871 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,017
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
spring Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've seen one of these before on a leather case...As you know, they're designed to protect the leather on a case from the bumps and grinds that come when traveling.
I have a gun case that's in great shape and would like to keep it that way, even though I would likely use a hard plastic case that I have in most travel situations.
Here's an example of what I'm talking about. I would think there might be a good source for others that I could consider.
Thanks!

[Linked Image from jeffsoutfitters.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeff's Outfitters

spring Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Borderbill
Jeff's Outfitters

Thanks, and yes, that's where I found the picture I posted. That one may well have to do unless I run across other options to consider. I briefly owned an older English gun that had one on it. As easily as the leather trunk cases can get scratched up, I just suspect that they're still being offered from various sources.

Here's another one on a case sold by Connecticut Shotgun. Doesn't indicate if they'd sell one separately.

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-kgu...32099/page7_7a__68355.1561729775.jpg?c=2

Sidelock
Sidelock

Get a case cover that has a soft lining on the inside. I found out the hard way that w / the single ply canvas like fabric case covers the leather case underneath will still pick up significant marks.

My wife ended up making a liner for my single ply cover out of green padded quilted cotton material & stitched it in place. It looks professional & saves the leather case.

I had the option of ordering the case cover w/a liner originally when I ordered the the case from Emmebi but opted for the single ply thinking it would be enough protection. It isn't!

1 member likes this: spring
Sidelock
Sidelock

Spend a significant amount of money for a nice leather covered case to protect your gun, then spend more money for a case to protect the case. What's next, a cover to protect the canvas cover that is protecting the leather case, that is protecting the gun?

My, how far we have come from our fathers' and grandfathers' opinions of doubleguns.

JMO. Not picking on anyone in particular.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Spend a significant amount of money for a nice leather covered case to protect your gun, then spend more money for a case to protect the case. What's next, a cover to protect the canvas cover that is protecting the leather case, that is protecting the gun?

My, how far we have come from our fathers' and grandfathers' opinions of doubleguns.

Stan,

Do you carry that 1911 you've mentioned in other threads around in a burlap feedsack?

Some double guns deserve a nice leather case although I'll be the first to admit that they are not the most practical thing. For serious travel where things get knocked around I like an Amaricase. Heavy suckers though.

spring Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Appears that some trunk cases come with them when purchased and are standard accompaniments. Rough baggage handlers, or even more dangerous spots such as the backseat of my truck, can do a number on some leather cases or luggage. I’ll never forget how a basic leather suitcase looked after it went through Delta’s rigors before pickup at their baggage claim.
The gun case I'd like to protect has my grandson’s initials on it (mine, too grin). He’s just 2, but it would be nice if it was still in good shape when he ends up with it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To disguise what my case holds I use a oversized baseball equipment soft case. To really sell the misdirection I even have a old bat in one of the side pockets sticking out. Countless people have seen my case and just decided I was going to a indoor batting cage nearby or just one more old guy trying to play softball and drink beer.

1 member likes this: BrentD, Prof
Sidelock
Sidelock

Huey Gun Cases has a women who will make a custom canvas cover to fit the exact dimensions of a gun case. She does good work and is reasonable, if she is still in business.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Brittany Man
Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis

Stan,

Do you carry that 1911 you've mentioned in other threads around in a burlap feedsack?

Some double guns deserve a nice leather case although I'll be the first to admit that they are not the most practical thing. For serious travel where things get knocked around I like an Amaricase. Heavy suckers though.

No…he probably carries it in a leather holster without a canvas or burlap sack surrounding the leather holster for protection against some character marks…that would be…kinda dumb.
I’m with Stan on this one….the leather case should get some character marks etc during its lifetime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.