March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (greener4me, NZHunter, SKB), 276 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Thanks, fellows. I'm interested in an 1875 No. 3 2nd Model Top-Break Schofield, with 7" barrel and chambered in .45 Colt. Uberti has one they call the "Hardin", after John Wesley Hardin who used one in a shootout with Deputy Webb in TX, in the 1870s. It has blued cylinder and barrel, casehardened action and sights, and simulated buffalo horn grips. Pretty gun.

I appreciate the information. I'll probably try to put my hands on one, if that's possible, before "pulling the trigger".

https://www.uberti-usa.com/outlaws-and-lawmen-revolvers

I'm cowboy shooter. Not familiar with the Uberti Schofield, but I also don't recall hearing anything bad about them. I will note that modern production Schofields, either Uberti or out of production S&W don't do well with black powder. From what I remember it is a design flaw and has nothing to do with the Uberti or S&W copies. With BP they start to bind up after 30 rounds or so.

I currently have a Uberti 1873 rifle and a pair of 1851 Richards - Mason revolvers in .38 Special and the fit & finish is pretty good and I've only had minor issues with the revolvers: a firing pin had to be filed down slightly and the loading gate ring loosened up and would rotate slightly, but that is not something that would affect the Schofield.

Last edited by Chantry; 01/10/22 12:58 PM.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
I've looked at that Uberti Schofield several times and absolutely love the looks and quick load design of the Schofield. Beautiful gun, would prefer it in .44 Spcl.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had an Uberti SA 38-40 for around 20 years and like it. It has blue barrel and cylinder with CCH frame (not too dark colors). I worked on trigger, but it wasn't bad to start with. I had a little trouble at first, ejecting cases, but found out it was my fault by turning the cylinder too far and holding it, causing the rim to hang up on the frame. When I learned to properly operate it, I had no more problems. It has a hammer block safety, I wonder if the Peita(?) Alex Baldwin was using has one.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Does anyone here have firsthand knowledge as to the quality of Uberti reproduction pistols?

Eye had a few in my hand does that qualify me ?

It's no Colt....not even a Ruger.

For a guy that's impressed with Yiltz shotguns I'd say go for it...

Plus you'll stand out in Church wearing it.

Tip....stop fantasizing watching the Cowboy Movies Tex

1 member likes this: lonesome roads
Boxlock
Boxlock

I’ve had an uberti walker colt for years and I love it

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, an old pal of mine shot SASS with a pair of Uberti Schofields and they served well.

Another who shot more events used the Uberti SAA clones. He wore them out in a few years and switched to Rugers.

I had big plans to join them and selected a pair of the Hertiage 'Big Bore' SAA copies. Those are made by Pietta but have a transfer bar. That purchase turned out to be a mistake. They lack durability.

For heavy use in that game the Ruger would seem to be the best choice.

For light duty service the Uberti is fine.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, fellows. I'm interested in an 1875 No. 3 2nd Model Top-Break Schofield, with 7" barrel and chambered in .45 Colt. Uberti has one they call the "Hardin", after John Wesley Hardin who used one in a shootout with Deputy Webb in TX, in the 1870s. It has blued cylinder and barrel, casehardened action and sights, and simulated buffalo horn grips. Pretty gun.

I appreciate the information. I'll probably try to put my hands on one, if that's possible, before "pulling the trigger".

I have a "Laramie" model in .45 that I'd consider selling or trading. Probably fired a couple hundred rounds. PM me your email if you want some pictures. I think maybe the barrel is 6", I can double check.

Last edited by RyanF; 01/10/22 06:12 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by RyanF

I have a "Laramie" model in .45 that I'd consider selling or trading. Probably fired a couple hundred rounds. PM me your email if you want some pictures. I think maybe the barrel is 6", I can double check.

Thanks, but I'm not into the cowboy thing, I just like the looks and break-top feature of the Schofield. If I don't buy it, I won't buy any pistol of that era, or previous. There's something about that "transitional" style that appeals to me.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
...stop fantasizing…

Might as well ask him to stop breathing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by lonesome roads
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
...stop fantasizing…

Might as well ask him to stop breathing.

Last edited by John Roberts; 01/10/22 08:03 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.