March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (dukxdog, Ian Forrester, Perry M. Kissam, Roundsworth, GSPWillie, 1 invisible), 328 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ksauers1
Wait. Skb. If I understand you , you shot your possession limit. You then shipped your limit out, and poof, you no longer have your limit and you can start over. Is that what you’re saying?

This should be good....think I’ll crack a cheap can of beer, and see what happens.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
This should be good....think I’ll crack a cheap can of beer, and see what happens.

Go easy on those beers, Toad. Don’t you have to drag your ugly arse to that shitty Teamster job tomorrow?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Before the possession limit conversation blows up, I just want to say that every state has different rules related to possession limits. For example in some places, if it is rendered to possession, and turned into a stored product, it no longer is considered against your possession limit.

So, on a 10 day South Dakota pheasant trip, that’s going well, if you decide to start breasting out pheasants, grinding them and turning them into a bratwurst for example, the frozen bratwurst don’t count against your possession limit.
In short, some states are more liberal in what game is counted against your possession limit than others are.

And that also includes gifting. And household gifting Between adults.

Out there doing it best I can.
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Hope Ted has quite a bit of PBR in a can on hand. My bet is he does.

As far as I understand the law, and I may be mistaken, possession limit is just that. The number of in this case birds you have in aggregate between your home and in the field. It is not a limit for the year or any other restriction. I never hit my possession limit in Montana but I was close enough that if I kept hunting I would have had too many birds. I gave them away and at that point did not have a single bird with me or at home.

I believe at that point my possession limit did indeed start over.

I'm sure the constitutional scholars and virologists on the board will be along shortly to issue my felony indictment wink

Dustin,
I only signed my name to the note transferring the game to my friend. I assume he signed his name. If you are losing sleep over the matter I can contact to verify he did so.

Last edited by SKB; 01/09/22 05:03 PM.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah I understand now. Liberals can rationalize anything. Kind of like , I did not have sex with that women or it depends on what the meaning of is is. In your mind you did not violate the letter of the law but you sure as #### violated its intent. To your way of thinking there is reason to have a possession limit ,just keep shipping them out. Possession limits are to protect the resource from over harvesting. Guess you're not much of a conservationist

Last edited by ksauers1; 01/09/22 05:12 PM.
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

And how does this differ from giving them away to a land owner, someone at the hotel, etc?

I follow the law, at no point does it say you cannot give away your game. We have possession limits here in Colorado on most game birds, other than Prairie Chicken which have a season long total take limit of two birds. I think Parks and Wildlife are smart enough to know the difference when they write the law.

As predicted, a scholar such as yourself knows more than the game departments.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's possession limits and then there are season limits. Not the same thing. Canada gives you little stickies to put on your gamebirds; use up your stickies, you're done.
Possession limits most places mean in the car or on your motorcoach or your motel until processed or no longer in your possession. That help?..Geo

Actually, birds on your person until placed in your principal mode of land transportation come under the daily limit.

1 member likes this: SKB
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ksauers1
Ah I understand now. Liberals can rationalize anything. Kind of like , I did not have sex with that women or it depends on what the meaning of is is. In your mind you did not violate the letter of the law but you sure as #### violated its intent. To your way of thinking there is reason to have a possession limit ,just keep shipping them out. Possession limits are to protect the resource from over harvesting. Guess you're not much of a conservationist

So you have never shot more than the possession limit in a year? I have, many, many times. I covered at least 3-4 States a year shooting prairie birds for years. I ate a bunch of birds during the season to stay under possession limits, my ex-girlfriend became tired of cooking them. I'm not sure how you became so confused on possession limits verses total take limits for a year. Game departments fully understand the difference. In some Eastern States you tag the birds like a deer and a limited number of tags are issued per person per year. Possession limits are not the same nor were they intended to be so.

Maybe stick to game farms where you understand the rules.

Bye the bye, it takes WILD birds to make a bird dog. I will not limit myself or my dogs in such an absurd manner.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I distinctly remember a dressing down a Minnesota game warden gave a kid in the early 1980s on the topic. He said nobody, never, ever shoots more than a limit of birds or catches more than a limit of fish, in one day, in the state of Minnesota. If you have a possession limit on you, you had sure as hell better have some mechanism to prove they weren’t taken on the same day. A hotel receipt was a good start. But, if he saw you take more than a daily limit, you were going to jail, and he might invite you to the auction where they sold your gun and your truck, but, don’t count on it. The game warden did not need a warrant to inspect your freezer, search your vehicle, or come onto your boat or inspect your fish house. You had zero rights with him, and he knew it.
That said, the last game warden I encountered, in South Dakota, just asked me how I was doing, told me my dog was pretty, and wished me good luck. I know he saw my Minnesota license plates, and likely ran them before he got close enough to talk.

Bet my driving record is better than Steve’s.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
And how does this differ from giving them away to a land owner, someone at the hotel, etc?

I follow the law, at no point does it say you cannot give away your game....
When I've bird hunted in the past in Montana, I'm not sure about this season, I was under the impression that the hunter who legally harvested the birds, still possessed them even if they gave it to someone else? I think possession ends when the game is removed from any hunting related activity and fully processed? I'd think a game hand off to the hunting grounds land owner or at the hunt lodging might still have to stay within the possession limit for whoever the hunter was?

If I accepted game at some hotel by hunters coming out of the field, I'd want a valid license and be within the bag and possession laws. Whoever writes up the citation might lean on the recipient, either bagging a violator or having a chance at the hunter also? The wardens seem savy about playing with game bags.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.