Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

While watching some re-runs of the Yellowstone TV series last evening I saw two scenes that had reloading equipment and paraphernalia in them. One scene showed a couple shotgun reloading presses fastened to a bench, and in another scene there was a couple b/a rifles on tables, etc., and rifle/pistol reloading equipment, including shelves full of one pound cans of various powders. I noticed several cans of Alliant powders. I believe it may have been the episode where the little boy, Tate, had been kidnapped and the Dutton's were planning his rescue.

I appreciate the fact that some producers are doing a better job of making some fictional shows more realistic through the research and proper use of period correct guns, and other related shooting/hunting stuff.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't watch television but reloading rooms with cans of powder is not exactly realistic in 2021. Let's hope it is for 2022.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not always just realistic, my Dixie friend, but accurate in every detail. I always wanted to be a movie set armorer (not so much since the Alex Baldwin movie disaster) and here are a few "mistakes" of note- Kurt Russell Val Kilmer in "Tombstone" where Val fires off 3 shots from a double barrel scattergun w/o opening to reload after the second shot is fired-- and Clint Eastwood Gene Hackman in "Unforgiven" when, in Big Whiskey WY 1881 the posse tells "Little Bill" that the owner of the mercantile won't give them any 30-30 shells on credit (13 years ahead of schedule on that one)-- Kevin Costner does a fine job playing his part, by the way. Great TV Series- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

It’s one of my favourite shows these days. I’ve always thought Costner is at his best when there is a little menace in his character.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Back in 1980, I was visiting Natchez, Ms while "Beulah Land" was being filmed for a TV miniseries, starring Michael Sarrazin.

I noticed the guns being used for a War of Union Imperialism movie were Trap Door Springfields. I asked the prop master/armorer why they couldn't use percussion rifle muskets. He looked at me as though I knew nothing of life and promptly enlightened me that they couldn't, because actors were the dumbest people in the world.

If one ever suffers from insomnia, he should go watch a movie production or observe grass growing.

BTW, a screamer of a Meme shows Alec Baldwin showing the prosecutor in the Rittenhouse case, how to place his finger on the trigger while pointing an M4 at the jury.

1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
775 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I enjoy the show.....have been to the region several times and it is beautiful.

In one of the scenes they had a bunch of reloading stuff in a shed that you could see daylight through the boards......presses, powders and dies etc would not do well in barely covered sheds, looked good though:)

In one scene the old man pulls out a pretty well used or abused pre 64? 94 to chase some tourists off a grizzly photo shoot.....and Rip shoots probably said bear with a much nicer and possibly side eject 94......that ejects empties to same point as old man's top eject?

Old man could had a beat up side eject though....

The sxs Jamie meets the server with has a radiused back of the action...looks cheap, not Dutton:)

I see a lot of nice pistols and revolvers... I think....

And then there is Beth.

Hope everyone had the best holiday they could.

Ms. Raven
Sidelock
Sidelock

The show is shot at a real ranch house that is a resident home for the owners. Most of the things you see on the show are what belongs to the house and I expect the reloading stuff to be the same

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A good, local friend of mine owns 23 acres and a cabin about 40 miles from the ranch that is the setting for Yellowstone. He and his wife drive up there for about a month each fall. Having recently returned and having showed me pictures of his place and the surrounding countryside I can see why people love it. Not sure I'd like the winters, though. Maybe that's part of the reason for the nice, well stocked reloading room. smile

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

According to one source the 30-30 Costner uses in the show is one he inherited from his g,g,grandfather. So yes it looks beat up because it is.

W. E. Boyd
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
A good, local friend of mine owns 23 acres and a cabin about 40 miles from the ranch that is the setting for Yellowstone. He and his wife drive up there for about a month each fall. Having recently returned and having showed me pictures of his place and the surrounding countryside I can see why people love it. Not sure I'd like the winters, though. Maybe that's part of the reason for the nice, well stocked reloading room. smile

On road trips I've traveled to around 35 of the 50 states. Of everywhere I have been in the US, the area just north of Yellowstone is my favorite. I first traveled there in 1980 and have loved it since.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.