March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dale May), 769 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I also have one of these very nice rifles. It is indeed fun to shoot. I have had it for several years now but have never hunted with it. I would like to take it hog hunting in Texas or some other hog infested location. I too read an article, perhaps the same one, about the Africa hunt. I don't remember anything about the loads used but I do remember some of the large game he killed with it. I found that mine was not regulated as well as I would like for it to have been with the factory loads I was using. I do not reload so I started experimenting. I finally got it to where the left barrel would shoot about 4 inches low and 4 to the left, but I was shooting at 75 yards. I now realize that this is a bit farther than most of these are zeroed/regulated. A friend asked what the factory had said to use. Since I had never thought of asking them myself I simply stated that I was going to go to them as a last resort if I could not get it regulated myself. Satisfied with myself with that answer I immediately looked for and found an e-mail address for the company and sent them a note. In my message I included the serial number of my gun and lo and behold, in a few weeks I received a message from a very nice lady at Pedersoli apologizing for taking so long to get back to me. She told me she had already mailed me the load data as well as the original target they had on file from when they shot it for regulation prior to sale. I realized upon receipt of the data and the target I was shooting too far and too heavy!! If I remember correctly without going down to dig it out of the safe that it was regulated with 300 (or 350) grain Winchester round nosed lead bullets , factory loads. When I tried them, whichever load it was, I was amazed that at 50 yards supported on a bench I could put two rounds just right of the center bullseye by about an inch or so with the left barrel firing second hitting about 1 inch low and to the right of the right barrel. I decided that I was satisfied with that!! Now, to find my shell vest and pith helmet and hit the fields with the hogs!! All said, a very nice rifle and much fun to shoot. (and fantasize about African safaris from the early days!!)

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Perry-
Thank you for your report. It was great to hear about Pedersoli's customer service. I have never tried contacting them, but did hear back from Bosis about a SxS of theirs I was considering.

I have had decent luck with factory 405 grain shells at 50 yards. Here in Central Florida, our golf course has had intermittent problems with feral pigs. But I am reluctant to carry the SxS in my golf bag! That would guarantee I would never see another pig.

Best wishes,

PULL!
Hal M. Hare
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hal,
It might also guarantee that you never see another golfer while you are on the course!!! Since you mentioned the 405's I now remember that I also tried them, but at the 70 or 75 yards at which I was shooting them. 50 yards with the heavier bullets may have produced more favorable results for me as they obviously did for you. As to weight, I think that around 35 grainers would be all I would probably ever need to shoot at hogs, etc here in the states. I will probably only ever get to an African safari in my dreams now or living vicariously through others I know who have gone and continue to go. Happy hunting!! Also, let us know about your golf game with the 45-70 club!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

350 grainers!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have shot 100's of clays with the 20 gauge barrels. Had to remove the sling stud from the 20 ga. bbls. as recoil would bang my hand, and I had Briley install a set of screw chokes to replace the IM/IM chokes, but this made it into a fun gun to shoot. Bottom line, I shoot it a lot--just not the 45/70 rifle bbls.

PULL!
Hal M. Hare
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Pedersoli is no longer the "poor man's double rifle".

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eightbore,
What are they going for now?

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Do they have separate sights for each barrel? I know the muzzleloader version certainly did.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cherry's, 45-70 $6875, .450 Nitro $9375, 45-70 with 20 gauge barrels, $9375. I may be off on the exact amounts, but you get the idea.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mine was brought in by Cherry's and in 1996 I paid just a tad over $2K for it. It is a keeper.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.