March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Lloyd3, Roundsworth, Argo44, RWG, 2 invisible), 367 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,002
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm looking forward to the Fall Southern SXS shoot at Backwoods Quail Club Oct 14-17, 2021. Always a great event with excellent targets and wonderful hospitality. Rick Hemingway is known around the country as one of the nation's top target setters and Backwoods Quail is one of the nation's top shooting venues.

In fact, the U.S. Open sporting clays championships will be held there next May and includes a SXS side event. On scorechaser.com, I see there are already almost 70 people registered to shoot the SXS event, so there should be a strong turnout.

I appreciate that Rick has included a SXS event in this premier national shoot. It further illustrates his committment to SXS events.

Last edited by DGM; 10/05/21 10:55 AM.
3 members like this: Stanton Hillis, MattH, John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

If the targets are set by Rick, you know they will be challenging and fun. We have our hotel reserved. Hoping to be there if some medical stuff doesn't get in the way.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Daryl, Judy and I plan to be there and look forward to seeing you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wish you all the fun of the fair! Wish I could be there but still no appointments for visa applications before Nov'22 so I will not even make it to the Spring Southern or the VGC'22! If any of you have the ear of Homeland Security, perhaps you could get them to hurry up the appointment system over here!

DGM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Was a very nice event. Good targets, nice weather, fine hospitality. Results are posted on the Backwoods Quail Club website under "Upcoming Events". Looking forward to shooting the SXS event at the U.S. Open there next Spring.

"When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk." - Tuco

Sidelock
Sidelock

A friend of mine attended and shot in the event. He related to me that none of the vendors were present. Was that a correct assessment? If so, I presume it had to do with Covid.

Owen
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the report Daryl. Haven't seen you in several years, and miss that.

Covid is the likely culprit, and moreso in an indirect way. Prior to Covid there was held, at Bray's Island, SC each April, the Bray's Island Exposition. It was a well attended event that involved shooting their beautiful sporting clays course, and shooting other fun events nearer the big tents and clubhouse. It was always the weekend before the Spring Southern at Deep River. All the major vendors would come to the Bray's Island deal, then make the easy drive on up to the Southern. It was a perfect scenario for them. Lots of $$$ floating around to be spent on guns. clothes, gun related stuff at Bray's Island. The BIE hasn't been held for the past two years.

I really miss it and hope it will be re-instated next April.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Fall event at Backwoods has not been the big draw that vendors like, unlike the Spring event at Deep River. Besides Rick Hemingway would rather see attendees spend money on targets rather than other stuff.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was disappointed to not be able to make it this year too. Always a fun event with great targets and lots of good food to find.

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by eeb
The Fall event at Backwoods has not been the big draw that vendors like, unlike the Spring event at Deep River. Besides Rick Hemingway would rather see attendees spend money on targets rather than other stuff.

I recall years when the vendors were so many that two tents would barely contain them all. I've known Rick for a long time, and he's not fooling himself. He understands that sometimes one brings the other. He's a sharp businessman, and a great range operator.

May God bless America and those who defend her.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.