January
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Tim in PA, sxsman1, Hammergun, mc, Stanton Hillis), 95 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics36,570
Posts513,476
Members14,125
Most Online462
Aug 5th, 2016
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not easy to find, but you might look for a Macnab Woodcock by Ugartechea. Mine is a 20ga, 30", F&F, straight grip, splinter, DT, 15"+ LOP, checkered butt, sidelock. I found mine at Cabela's, and Mid-South had one at one time. Paul Crosnoe had at least one, and Cape Outfitters had a couple so worth a call to Jeff's Outfitters. Uggie may have made this configuration for others, including Lion County. LOP on this one is too long for me, but it's so nice that I can't bear to cut it.

https://www.shootinguk.co.uk/reviews/shotgun/john-macnab-woodcock-shotgun-review-2

Cabela's (a few years ago) had a large run of AyA boxlock 20s with 29" barrels, IC&M, might still be some around the system.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The CSMC Revelation comes pretty close with 30" bbls and 14.5" LOP. CSMC is an advertiser/sponsor on this site. $2800 for the gun and a few hundred for stock bending and a longer pad.

Caution: Hunting and fishing stories told here. Protective footgear may be required.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Dickinson (Cabela's) in 20 with 30 inch barrels and straight stock. Comes with case and 5 choke tubes and wrench. It lacks the 15 inch LOP and has a checkered butt, but a dedicated effort to fit a pad would probably give you what you need. I would consider letting it go since I have other 20's.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Perry M. Kissam
I have a Dickinson (Cabela's) in 20 with 30 inch barrels and straight stock. Comes with case and 5 choke tubes and wrench. It lacks the 15 inch LOP and has a checkered butt, but a dedicated effort to fit a pad would probably give you what you need. I would consider letting it go since I have other 20's.
PS
Fired a total of 6 rounds of Fiocchi #5's at pheasant before I decided I did not like the barrel length for my use.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

PS
Fired a total of 6 rounds of Fiocchi #5's at pheasant before I decided I did not like the barrel length for my use.

PPS
I forgot to add that it also has double triggers. And, unlike some of these, they are not too bad.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Replacement,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to find a Macnab Woodcock for sale. Do they have chrome lined barrels, as I'll need to have those chokes opened up for grouse hunting.

Last edited by trial lawyer; 10/07/21 07:33 AM.

" I consider trial by jury as the only anchor ever yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution" Thomas Jefferson (1789).
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Carl,

The CSMC Revelation seems like a a good value at that price. However, I don't know anything about this model and would appreciate any insights.

" I consider trial by jury as the only anchor ever yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution" Thomas Jefferson (1789).
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Perry,

I'm interested in your Dickinson. Could you send me a PM with photos and price? Thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not sure about chrome lined barrels on the Macnab. Gun is packed away right now and is about 100 miles from me. Don't think they are chrome.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I located a nice set of burled Beretta 20ga. straight grip wood and forend and purchased a Beretta 687 SPIII 20ga with a pistol grip and 30" barrels. I'll have my gunsmith remove the factory wood and fit the replacement wood on the 687. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and help.

Joel

Last edited by trial lawyer; 10/08/21 10:49 AM.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2021 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.