March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 298 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

craigd,
I suppose I didn't pick up on that political slant. While it may be true that P-R funds are being misdirected, it is money and it is our government we're discussing! Please flesh out the misdirection, I'd like to know more.
I believe the article's thrust was the diminished amount of raw dollars from conventional sources, hunting and fishing licenses access fees etc. and the position that the State's wildlife management(s) have found themselves in.
It's becoming obvious that other users of the resource are going to have to ante up, and soon.
Chief

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Colorado has taken an aggressive stance to bring in more revenue and to sell more licenses.

Our State Wildlife Areas now require an access pass be purchased if you are using them for anything other than hunting or fishing. Riding your bike? Sure, but you have to buy the pass.

Colorado big game, specifically Elk is what brings in out of state hunters. Now anyone, resident or not is required to buy a "qualifying license" before purchasing a big game tag. Small game, Turkey and Bear all count as qualifying licenses. The state makes the revenue off the license sales and draws more P&R funds as well.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good for Colorado! All user's of the "resource" should be involved in its continuance. I mountain bike and do some hiking in addition to hunting and fishing, a few bucks isn't a lot for what I get.
Chief

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Missouri DOC is funded by hunting and fishing licenses and is basically run by sportsmen. When people [censored] about us killing birdies and such, I just advise them to buy hunting and fishing licenses and they'll get a vote. To my knowledge, no Walt Disney fan has ever taken me up on it. They are basically Puritans - terrified that someone, somewhere is happy.

Caution: Hunting and fishing stories told here. Protective footgear may be required.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It’s so that boomers can shoot pen raised pheasants.
Put and Take failed, so the MPHI did an end run via their pals in the legislature.

They dump birds into a field I have walked since 1962, right down the road from my home.

Turning a place of wonderful childhood memories into a free-for-all slaughter.

Out there doing it best I can.
Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

A quick resume' of source of PR and DJ funds:

PR
11% of sale price for bows;
11% of sale price of broadheads, field points, quivers, bow sights, arrow rests, stabilizers, wrist slings, strings, string silencers, or any other piece of equipment that would be physically attached to a bow;
$0.53 per arrow (This rate is as of 2020. The rate per arrow increases each year with the annual IRS determination of inflation);
10% of sale price on pistols;
11% of sale of firearms other than pistols;
11% of sale price of ammunition;
Manufactured parts of firearms, pistols, bows, or ammunition purchased unassembled, taxed at the same rate at which the complete piece is taxed.

DJ
10% excise tax on sport fishing equipment.

Both PR and DJ taxes are paid before we buy the items, but are of course added to the price. Other consumptive and recreational users of lands purchased and maintained with these funds make no such contributions.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

In the Letters to the Editor section of this mornings’ Denver Post referencing an article last week on dove hunting.

“Promoting dove hunting is disgusting. Using a .410 shotgun to murder unsuspecting and defenseless doves is disgusting. What is wrong with people? According to birdsandblooms.com, doves have good parenting skills; they mate for life; they fly up to 55 mph. Doves stockpile food. Doves eat weed seeds, which is valuable to farmers or anyone living near vacant lots, and doves are beautiful.
“Shame on mindless people who murder doves. For shame, for shame, for shame.”
Donald L. Vasicek, Centennial

Speude Bradeos
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree. A 20 gauge throws a much better pattern than a .410.

Caution: Hunting and fishing stories told here. Protective footgear may be required.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.