March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (David Williamson, SKB, HalfaDouble, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 391 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Argo44 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

John, she's an explorer...has circumnavigated Australia, New Zealand, Iceland, Ireland and South America. She's not easy to be around. Read the last few entries in her blog about the dust up with the young guy she was coming up the west coast of Alaska with. My son has the kayak and people skills to maintain the peace. But I sincerely worry about the bears...funny all the dang wars I've been in and I'm sitting here worried about polar bears. He's got more experience with bears in Alaska than most though.

Reading about how the shotgun they were carrying rusted up in the salt water so much they couldn't unload it makes me think that getting the Marine Magnum was the right thing to do. But nickel is still not proof against salt water. Need to wipe it down daily.

Last edited by Argo44; 08/22/21 04:30 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

She calls herself Goddess of Love to the Seas; her young travel companion might have had his hopes dashed. I would worry more about her than bears.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gene, they went up the Red River (which flows North, so south) to where the headwaters of the Red get very close to the headwaters of the Mississippi. And then down the Mississippi to the Gulf.

I’ve done what you figured….downstream to Lake Winnipeg, then the Winnipeg River to LOTW. Then a myriad of lakes and rivers to Lake Superior. But the other way…..we started at Thunder Bay. That trip is known as The Grand Portage. When you start at Lake Superior the trip really begins with a 9 mile portage to get across the Continental Divide. There are another 32 portages before you get to Lake Winnipeg. Almost 1 1/2 per day.

The West was discovered for Europeans and eastern North Americans by the French and Scottish fur traders who took that route. Lewis and Clark not only depended on Sacagawea, they depended on French Canadian and Scottish Canadian fur traders who had traveled those waters for 100 years before Lewis and Clark showed up. I was specifically retracing the routes taken by La Verendrye around 1640…..the first Europeans to cross the Great Plains and see the Rockies.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/23/21 06:55 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Charlotte...no body gives a dam about reading about your pecker head son paddling around with his Remingtn 870 junk shotgun.

This is a double gun forum.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
Charlotte...no body gives a dam about reading about your pecker head son paddling around with his Remingtn 870 junk shotgun.

This is a double gun forum.
Hello, I find this thread very interesting and I am enjoying reading the stories contributed.A lot more so than the inane ,rude and insulting posts that are continuously being input by the same few sad people. Regards

Last edited by Mr W martin; 08/23/21 07:18 AM.

NA
Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought my reply very fitting for this bull chit thread...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought my reply very fitting for this bull chit thread...

If we wanted to read bullshit jOe, we'd just read some of your posts denigrating TSS shot for turkey.

Pretty clear from the title what the thread was about. No reason to even open it if it didn't interest you.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/23/21 07:23 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I got a question Argo44....

Did it take your brother longer to become an internet Randall knife expert or did it take you longer to become an internet SxS X'spurt ?

We know you did it in 5 years....just currious.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If I started a thread about me paddling around a pond with my 870 pump gun it would be deleted...

Argo must pay Dave a lot of money to be able to post his bull chit threads on here.

jOe, that is patently not true. Dave leaves lots of OT threads. This thread has a connection to shotguns....as evidenced in the title. What Dave tends to do is delete the threads that get polluted by nasty, personal slags by the likes of you and a couple others.

But that may be your plan....ruin this thread so Dave has to delete it. But rest assured, if that happens, we will all know it was because of your posts.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just asked a question let the ghost of O'Reilly answer....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.