March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (NZHunter, SKB), 296 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ANYONE DEALING MUCH WITH CONNECTICUT SHOTGUN/GALAZANS? I have used them for occasional repairs and a few specialty items in the past. I always had a nice chat with Lou and a time or two saw Tony at gunshows and he was fun to chat with also.
I contacted them last week and again this week regarding a problem with another Winchester 21, wanting to send it to them for repair. Now they have a convoluted system of sending the would-be customer a RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATION (RMA), which is supposed to be filled out before sending an item to them for any reason, whether it is a return or not. No personal contact with anyone anymore. What is going on?
So it looks like I need another source for Model 21 repairs. I have another one out with Philip Crenweldge in Texas. He has had that one for a month and a half with not a word from him (although I think he is an excellent trigger guy). Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Gil

[IMG]
Sidelock
Sidelock

It’s not unheard of for companies doing a fair bit of shipping volume to institute an Return Authorization. Often it’s just a reference number that you are asked to ensure is noted on the package and paperwork you send. The reason? You cannot believe the lack of information that often accompanies a return. Who, what, why etc.

I put an RA protocol in place at my company because I got sick and tired of my employees having to waste their time figuring out why something was returned and who it was from. You may provide all the correct info Gil, but sadly it’s likely others have ruined it for you.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Could be part of a larger shift as well. Over on the ACGG forum one member noted that CSMC is no longer selling any 21 parts unless they install them. In the past I have bought quite a few 21 parts from them, no longer it seems.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess CSMC wants to be sure some Gunsmurtf doesn't screw one of their guns up SKB....

I would think an RMA number could benefit the customer as well....kinda like a meeting of the minds on both ends and the middle.

1 member likes this: battle
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Thanks for your sharing your deep thoughts frAnk, I'm surprised you were able to break free from playing with your poop long enough to contribute to the board.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
2 members like this: John Roberts, Bob Cash

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.