April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (LRF, Roundsworth, montenegrin, 1 invisible), 373 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Picked this up at a gun show. Looked like it needed help and the vendor really wanted it gone. Currently I'm working on tearing it down and now have some questions before I go too far. Hoping the pictures show up as I'm new at this. Is the break open lever supposed to be straight? This has a bend yet it works to hold the gun closed. Also I'm going to need a couple screws. Anyone know where I can aquire screws? Appreciate any help.

Jeremy

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bet that one is Belgian...Geo

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I imagine so. Finally getting enough gack of the barrel i can see some markings. Not enough to see them clearly yet.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeremy,
Find the oldest gunsmith you can find. Forget about the ones that build custom guns, black rifles, etc, the one you are looking for is one that repairs single shot and bolt action guns for the pawn shops and financially disadvantaged customers. This guy won't likely be in the city, more than likely ha will be is a small town, not too far from a city. The reasons you are looking for someone like this are he will likely have several, if not many, similar screws taken from similar old guns. Also, he will likely be the one that will take the project on. If all else fails, he will be the one that if he doesn't have the correct screw, will know how to modify one he does have to make it work. You are correct, that the underlever should be straight, or nearly so. It has been bent in a mistaken attempt to tighten it up, maybe even by the same person described above. Once you learn all you can from the project, and have moved on to another one, you might be able to get your money back by selling it to either an antique dealer or interior decorator, or maybe a "Cracker Barrel" restaurant; you may even make a small profit.
Mike

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Appreciate the advice. Appears as those the threads in the hole stuck to the screw and broke off the hole and stayed on the screw. An interesting conundrum i have now lol. I imagine the lever would have some form of spring in there somewhere? If I manage to straighten the lever the gun won't stay locked. When its all said and done I'm hoping to have a better looking wall hanger foe myself. Along with learning new things and techniques.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.