March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (FlyChamps, Ken Nelson, Lloyd3, Jimmy W, Marc Ret, 1 invisible), 320 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,995
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Years ago I used photobucket, which wasn’t very user friendly to me, but I figured it out somewhat, then they started charging a lot for the service. I understand, but it was too much for me, so I quit. In the meantime Facebook and iPhones came along, making it stupid simple to post photos. Now I’m spoiled, unfortunately it’s not that easy to post on forums such as this one, so I’m wondering what most of you use?

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Easy and free:

https://imgur.com/

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ditto

Speude Bradeos
Sidelock
Sidelock

Plus one on Imgur. Just mark your photos private (or hidden, I believe) unless you want people commenting on them. They will still be able to be seen here even if marked private.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I also lost all my photobucket pics. I haven't figured imgur out but I keep trying.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Well, look at that. BINGO!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't store my photos on any image hosting site, and here's why...

The Preacher recently complained that Picture Trail was ceasing operations, causing a possible loss of stored images, and past posted images disappearing.

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=586587&page=1

Then there were all of the folks who got held hostage by PhotoBucket, as you well know. Some thought that the ransom demands would not get them, but they were wrong.

In the past several years, Imgfave.com, Use.com, Panaramio.com, Dropshots.com, and others have also failed. Here's what can happen to you:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

So I store my pics on my PC, and back up those files on an external hard drive, and several USB drives. My external hard drive storage is not kept in my house, in case of fire, tornado, etc. And I can easily post an image here in 15-20 seconds, as I just did above. It does take a bit longer to post an image directly from my cell phone.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I fail to understand why this site requires posted photos to come from a remote hosting site. They are cumbersome, confusing, and sometimes expensive. Other sites allow me to attach/embed a photo directly from my computer, easy and simple. Why the need for hosting sites?

2 members like this: pamtnman, Glacierjohn
Sidelock
Sidelock

IMGBB is easy and free if you have pics stored on PC or Apple products. I’ve done a tutorial on ‘how to’ in the past.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Sidelock
Sidelock

jpgbox is so simple even a caveman can do it. I'm not kidding. I'm very slow to learn how to do computer stuff, and can never figure out something about them on my own. But, once I learned to use the above I cannot imagine doing it any other way. It's free, too. I do not store my pictures there. They're stored on my Mac. I just use jpgbox to post pics.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I don’t own a computer anymore, just my phone. I have several thousand photos on my phone going back to 2015.

Last edited by Glacierjohn; 03/24/21 08:06 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.