March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (eightbore, SKB, steve voss, Lawrence Kotchek, battle, Perry M. Kissam), 336 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,000
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#593024 02/26/21 04:48 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A loss to the fine-gun world, DuPont helped establish Krieghoff on our continent and changed the way many in the high-end gun world do business. As well, he spent many years on the board of the NSSA and helped found the NSCA.

https://www.coxgiffordseawinds.com/...yf8xp8nbObLr-jNhv3Rv_ZwmtgPxyvBhJ2AvIBao

Sidelock
Sidelock

RIP
He will be missed !
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Long ago, I remember that he and Krieghoff had a special financing program, where you made a large deposit, and you received the Krieghoff shotgun to use, and then I think some years later the CD matured or some thing.

Does anybody here remember how that worked? Anyone buy one that way?

Last edited by ClapperZapper; 02/26/21 08:43 PM.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

ClapperZapper, What you are thinking about is a deal that the Bank of Bolder ran for many years. Mostly with Weatherby guns. You could make a deposit into a CD and get a gun upfront. Then you could get your money back after the CD matured. Different amounts, different lengths of maturity could be selected. Other guns could also be chosen but Weatherby was the one you always saw advertised. Hal would finance just about any Krieghoff with a down payment and any decent credit score. Hal was a great boon to Skeet for decades.

Once saw him lend a K gun to a shooter who had a Beretta gun break down at the World shoot. Shooter had finished with a gun which failed to fire every round at least once. One round twice, so in that round anymore failures to fire would have been a lost target. I lent him my gun to finish that round but we were not that close in gun fit. Needless to say his confidence in his gun was zero. He did run the hundred straight, much to his credit. He took his gun to the Bereta gunsmith, at the World shoot, to see if they could fix it before the shoot off. Beretta told the shooter they could fix his gun the next day but not before. We were walking out and talking about it when we walked by Hal. I knew Hal and we stopped to just say hello. Hal told my friend to go to the display he had set up and see if any gun there suited him. Brad did find a gun which was quickly adjusted to his needs and won the 20 bore event with a borrowed gun. Hal told him to shoot it for the rest of the World shoot if he wanted. He did end up buying a K-80 from Hal after the World shoot. The Beretta gun went down the road as they say. Hal was always top notch to me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My condolences to the family and those who knew Mr. du Pont.

I never met the man, but did business with his daughter Kemble.

All I purchased was a used barrel set, but I was treated like I was spending much more.

This was all done over the phone, it was financed immediately, and was satisfactory in every way.

Sad to hear the news. From all accounts he was a very good man and a true friend of our sport.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ClapperZapper
Long ago, I remember that he and Krieghoff had a special financing program, where you made a large deposit, and you received the Krieghoff shotgun to use, and then I think some years later the CD matured or some thing.

Does anybody here remember how that worked? Anyone buy one that way?

Hal was the first (I believe) to offer financing on his guns, opening up guns of another level to shooters who otherwise wouldn’t have been able to afford a K gun (or other guns in his inventory).

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sad news. My sister went to school with one of his daughters who we see from time to time.

Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Had not heard of him, but a loss, not only to the gun world, but to the efforts of conservation worldwide as well as to those in the fields
of photography, aviation, and tourism. What energy!

I helped referee a skeet tournament in MD in the mid -50's where one of the shooters was a DuPont. Eugene? Anyway, when he came off a round, he took me back to his car and showed me the rest of his set (3?) of ornate Remington pumps. I think they were Model 31s not sure.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.