May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
11 members (FelixD, fullandfuller, KDGJ, Borderbill, Hoot4570, 1 invisible), 462 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,541
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
SKB Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

If so, what was your experience with it? My old gal Lucy was just diagnosed with it. I started her on Predisone yesterday and I just ordered the first bottle of Zycortal injectable. She is almost 12, might be done hunting but I want to be sure she enjoys the remainder of her life to the fullest.

First bird many years ago:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Just a few weeks ago:

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Online Embarrased
Sidelock

Adrenal gland failure?
I believe the meds will keep her around a good while.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry to hear of this SKB, but from the literature, it seems manageable. I expect Lucy will be well cared for and have a very comfortable life in retirement.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

My brother in law has a dog with Addison’s. It was diagnosed 3 years ago and the dog is doing well with meds. I think Your dog should be ok with proper treatment

Sidelock
Sidelock

sad news...they love us so much...much more than we deserve...

dogs are the only creatures that love us in spite of ourselves...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve:

If you have not already done so, the intermal medicine folks at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, can help. I am a retired veterinaian so I will not give you any advice, but in years past I managed many patients with Addison's and they can have a full life. Contact CSU if your local veterinarian feels like the consultation would be helpful.

Wally

Sidelock
Sidelock

I rescued a senior Golden for my father. Senior dog with a lot of medical problems. Vet knew I was looking for a older dog for my late father. Called and said he had a dog which the family was going to put to sleep because they did not want to bother with complex medical problems but would let him be adopted instead. So you know I went and got him. My father had a bad habit of pampering his dogs until they were happy, fat dogs, who thought he was the greatest thing since dog bones. This golden was nine at the time we got him. He lasted until he was 13 and gained about 35 extra pounds. He did not die from Addison and outlasted all but one of his Golden's. So Addison is something you can deal with. We did have to watch for stress ut I am sure you already knew this.

We managed the same condition in my brother in law for almost 30 years. He is dong well except for a near terminal case of stupid, married to another case of stupid. Last I was told he and his wife were Druids or Wiccans who were going totally organic vegan and thinking about living off the grid. Yeah, thank God they are family by marriage and those genes will end with them. And surprise they voted for Biden. Hope your dog does not vote for Joe as well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KY Jon
Hope your dog does not vote for Joe as well.

May have. If dead people can vote, dogs should be able to.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stan

SRH

So, how many dead people voted, Stan? Got a count, even a rough approximation?

Give it a rest.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by Stan

SRH

So, how many dead people voted, Stan? Got a count, even a rough approximation?

Give it a rest.

Looks like BrentD is having another melt-down over the forbidden thought that his anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats cheated to elect his illegitimate choice, Altzheimer Joe Biden.

Better be careful Stan.... free expression is not permitted anymore. The Democrat Thought Police are watching!

But if anyone needs proof that dead people vote.... just look at all the brain-dead Libtard gun owners who vote tor anti-gun Democrats.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.