April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (R. Glenz, LGF), 248 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,044
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#588589 12/30/20 09:54 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've got a granddaughter that lives in Petaluma, CA. Talking to her over the Christmas weekend, she said she's really interested in target shooting and would like to try it. I suggested she look for a local rifle range and see if they might offer a mentoring program. I also offered to buy her a decent .22 to get her started. After hanging up I came to the realization California is a "no lead" state. What do they do about .22 target ammunition?

"Every one must believe in something, I believe I'll go hunting today."
Sidelock
Sidelock

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm in CA. There is no problem using lead for target shooting, but you can't hunt with it. The problem is finding the ammo, any ammo. Shelves are nearly bare for the desirable stuff, and things like Win 9mm white box are going for $0.80/round if you can even find it. Can't order any ammo online without sending it to an FFL to do the transfer for a fee. She will pay $19.50 for a background check on every ammo purchase and the check may take two or three weeks. Why? Because she has not purchased a gun within the last three years (unless she buys one now), and that means she does not qualify for the "instant" check, which is only $1. Some FFLs are trying to charge $125 (not a typo) as a base fee for ammo transfer, plus $10/box or carton after the first package in the same transaction. Why? Because they don't want to do ammo transfers. Why? Because the CA DOJ has scared the crap out of the FFLs by telling them that paperwork errors can result in them losing their Ammo Vendor License (issued by the CA DOJ). Without that license, they can't sell or transfer ammo, despite the fact that their federally issued FFL is still completely valid. CA DOJ now requires that the vendors doing a transfer must open and check every box to ensure that the contents match the label on the box. She will pay the background check fee and the transfer fee on every single transaction. And the background check for the purchase of a firearm does not entitle her to buy ammo. Separate transaction, separate set of fees. Why does the ammo background check take so long to process? Because the CA DOJ is too incompetent to set up a f.....g computer system to expedite the process. In the state that is basically the home base for sophisticated tech systems. Sacramento is only about 100 miles from Silicon Valley and they can't (or won't) figure this out. Bunch of idiots. Who's responsible for this travesty? Well, the CA DOJ started this when Kamala effing Harris was the CA AG. This is the kind of crap you can expect from her when Ol' Joe passes the torch (or just passes).

The ammo shortage around here is very real. One of my hunting buddies sent out a group text today pleading for leads on duck ammo. His boys are out of school for the holidays and are hunting a lot this season. They have burned through his ammo stash and he can't find any duck loads. I gave him about eight semi-local leads and he struck out on all of them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
....Who's responsible for this travesty? Well, the CA DOJ started this when Kamala effing Harris was the CA AG. This is the kind of crap you can expect from her when Ol' Joe passes the torch (or just passes)....

Thanks for taking the time to share some experiences. California is often seen as a leader for national policy, and its influence is an integral part of the incoming administration. Harris may have higher aspirations, but it is clear that jo elect is unable to form his own thoughts or policies and is used by others.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The total California nightmare that Replacement describes could soon be playing everywhere else. All of the fools here who supported Biden/Harris need to listen to this short video to hear Biden's Gun Control Plan from his campaign website:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=58UPGtxRJM4

Just think, all of you who buy RST, Polywad, B&P, or any other shotgun or rifle ammunition online or mail-order would be prohibited from doing that. Biden also wants to repeal the Lawful Commerce In Firearms act that prohibited damaging lawsuits from bankrupting the firearms industry and causing massive price increases for guns and ammo.

This career anti-gunner isn't just coming after the AR-15's and black guns that some of you don't care about. In his own words, on his campaign website, he has announced how he plans to hurt every legal gun owner. This is what rocky mtn bill and BrentD and the other Libtards are telling you is better than Donald Trump.

And this is why I have said that welcoming and accepting gun owners who support anti-gunners is about as foolish as hiring a pedophile to babysit your children, or bringing termites into a wood frame house. It is time to reject those who are stabbing us all in the backs. Anyone who helps these Libtard fools, or gives them advice, needs to have their head examined.

Biden has also in the past stated that no gun should be sold unless it has a biometric trigger. Do your doubles, or any other firearms you own have a biometric trigger?

And that formerly cheap white box Winchester-Western 9 m/m ammunition that is selling for 80 cents a round... if you can find it... could become a thing of the past. The Libtards here don't want things like this even mentioned in this forum. They don't want you to know the truth about Biden and Harris until it is too late:

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

JDH Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

ttt

Sidelock
Sidelock

Since this is back to the top, I'll add that it is now technically a crime in CA to hand your buddy a couple of shells when he runs out of ammo in the duck blind. That is a "transfer" of ammo and has to go through an FFL with a fee and a background check. Seriously. I hate this state, but I'm pretty well stuck.

It's also against the law to bring ammo in from out of state.

You all better hope that Harris never becomes prez. And if Gruesome Newsom ever runs for prez, do all you can to defeat him. Dumb as a bag of rocks and dangerously liberal on everything except personal freedoms. He doesn't care what you do, as long as it's mandatory.

LGF Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

The all purpose California regulation: all things not prohibited are mandatory.

I refuse to be treated like a criminal and am so offended by the new ammo laws that I finally broke down and started reloading shotshells just to shoot sporting clays and the occasional duck. But if components ever become available again I have no doubt that CA will soon move to ban reloading. That'll keep Jamil from poppin' a cap into DuShawn in Oakland or South Central.

Let's hope the Supreme Court saves us from California progressives.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And we think Canadian gun laws were draconian. I invite anyone from California to come up for a waterfowl hunt in 2021. The limit per day is 8 grey geese, or 5 white-front and 3 grey and 50 snows. 5 hunts to a package and SHELLS ARE INCLUDED IN THE BASE PRICE. You can't beat that!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think the borders are still closed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.