January
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online Now
10 members (ksauers1, KY Jon, dblgnfix, 3 invisible), 90 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics36,545
Posts513,198
Members14,124
Most Online462
Aug 5th, 2016
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
tut Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Very small Turkish blank for sale. IMO it would be best used on a small bore sxs. The blank starts out quartersawn at the head and then about halfway back it transitions to slab sawn. IMO the pattern should be slid to the left just a tad to improve the layout where it meets the head of the stock. Once that is done its ready to go. This is a pretty nice blank for the money. Just don't have a need or a perceived need.

Blank is 18" long, by 6" at the butt and 2 1/8" thick, very dense with small pores and bone dry (meters at 8.5%). I'll post other pics of the top of the blank and the matching forearm further down. Unfortunately this blank in its raw form had a sizeable knot at the top that had to be cut out. I took a chance on it because of that knot and not knowing how deep it was, but it worked out. The forearm blank is 9.5" long (then it hits where the knot was) and 1 3/4" tall. Accordingly if you want anything except a splinter it won't work. Blank has nice figure indeed along with some dark streaking typical of Turkish. Nice color and contrast. This would be a really nice way to dress up a small bore sxs.

If you want to see other pics let me know.
PS. I can provide another Turkish forearm for sure, but IMO it would be better to use the smallish one that matches rest of the wood.

Last edited by tut; 12/30/20 05:45 PM.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tut, is it adequate in size to restock a 20 ga. Fox Sterly?

SRH

Drinking from my saucer, 'cause my cup has overflowed .......
tut Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Tut, is it adequate in size to restock a 20 ga. Fox Sterly?

SRH

Yep. That is a 20 gauge sterly pattern laid on top of it. The second black line drawn behind the first black line on the butt is if you wanted a longer LOP then standard.

Last edited by tut; 12/30/20 05:33 PM.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do need a longer than normal LOP, and that looks long enough.

I'll take the blanks, and I'd like the matching forend blank. A long, slender f/e is what I'd like on the 20.

Plz pm me your address, or send it to stanhillis@gmail.com, and I'll get a check in the mail to you.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Tom.

SRH

tut Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'll send it to you from my google account in just a second. Once you get it make sure it works. If it doesn't for any reason send it back. Tom

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, you're going to be really pleased with your purchase.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought another fancy set of blanks from Tom a few years ago and was very pleased. So, I know that Tom is conservative in his descriptions. The other set is just too nice for a Sterly using gun.

That gun I'm using with the original wood now, plus a Kick Killer leather pad to add length to the LOP. I wanted to shoot it some to make sure I liked it before making any major changes to it. But, after having the chokes opened to what I needed, and having the chambers lengthened to 2 3/4", I'm satisfied I would be happy with it for the rest of my life. This wood set came at a perfect time.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pretty wood at a pretty price.

_________
...never pay Dave "one more dime"
Sidelock
Sidelock

yeah, but inappropriate for a field grade gon...

One Can Neva Have Too Many Gons, Dawgs An Udder Friends...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
yeah, but inappropriate for a field grade gon...

Not hardly. Are you the self-appointed wood police?

_________
...never pay Dave "one more dime"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2021 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.