April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (jake van dyke, Ken Nelson, SKB, Ian Forrester), 612 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,444
Posts544,814
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I love the little extras that might be included in a case. Most recently along with some desirable cleaning tools I became the new owner of a Colley Fore-end Elevator. This little accessory is made of steel covered in leather.
What was your favourite case discovery? Sometimes these are not gun-related at all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good accessory. Enjoy it!

Pherhaps, the most beautiful gun case with accessories I've ever seen: an E. M. Reilly & Co.

Regards!

Last edited by campero; 12/26/20 05:27 PM.

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
1 member likes this: pamtnman
Sidelock
Sidelock

I purchased a W & C Scott box lock 16 gauge from a seller on the east coast. When the box arrived I was amazed to find it in a very high condition leather hammer gun case. The original owner’s name was embossed on the leather case and the initials on the Scott were the same. I happened to have looked a long time for a nice case for one of my hammer guns to no avail.....until this showed up at my doorstep...and free!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

campero, I don't believe I have ever seen a cased gun with so many cased accessories. It must weigh nearly 40 lbs. when full!

I do appreciate the old early wooden cases made before they began covering them with leather or canvas.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

campero, that is truly a magnificent case with all those accessories. Plus very hard to find them now in that condition.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

It takes more accessories with a rifle shotgun combo.

I just hOpe the resident Reilly psycos head doesn't explOde when he sees it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not exactly gun cases- but a tip if you like. I've purchased several used shotguns over the years, M12's, Ithaca, Fox, Smith with recoil pads. I got in the habit of removing them, just for kicks I guess, as the M12 3" Mag had a shorter stock lop, and the older solid red factory pad- I wanted it a tad longer, and when I shone a pencil flashlight into the bored bolt access stock hole, Lo and Behold, I fished out a crumpled up $50 bill- Grant and all. I also removed the lead weight, as I shoot somewhat better with muzzle heavy shotguns, at least on waterfowl.

I bought a Swiss Schmidt-Rubin, and when I removed the steel buttplate, a Swiss Military ID card fell out, and a folded letter to, I assume, his family-- dated 1945, and in German.

Best story, no firearms related, but Mae and I were in Nashville, at Gruen's Guitar shop, where I bought a second hand Gibson Sunburst acoustic guitar-with battered case. When we got home, I opened the storage department, set of Black Diamond strings, a few hardpicks, a capo, and a folded up envelope-- 2 clear plastic baggies, partially fill of white sugar-like powder, a union card, and $300 in bills- sure helped to pay for that old Gibby- I flushed the white powder down the toilet. And as I paid for the guitar in cash folding money, no trace to me in case the former owner came back to retrieve in-or st least the case. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
2 members like this: HomelessjOe, pamtnman
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ese conjunto del rifle E. M. Reilly tiene que ser único. Los expertos de esta casa podrán contarnos más cosas.

Zorro, ¡qué maravillosas historias has vivido con esas compras! Una suerte.

¡Salud!

28 ga, hammerguns and all shotguns and rifles made by hands.
Waidmannsheil 🌿📯
Sidelock
Sidelock

do hit make coffee too?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a case with a paper document certifying the gun had been proofed, or reproofed in the London Proof House. I have never seen the paper document. Guess the paper gets lost over time.
In the same case was a 1930's hunting licence from Ceylon. It was a rather large page with lots of signatures (all in English) and official
looking verbage. Most interesting was the notation that the limit of tigers was one per day. No wonder the tigers are endangered.

1 member likes this: pamtnman
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.